IT'S TIME TO ADD TO MY LOX STASH! Update STL's too! FINAL PICS POST #25!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Running it pretty hot, looks like about 325. Would like to get them done in around 4 hours. We'll see!
IMG_0665.jpg

Keeping a close eye on it!
Al

Well that lox it up, you are the master! Great looking salmon, Al. Big like.

Disco

Thanks Disco. Ill update it when I slice it tomorrow morning. Also the ribs are looking better each time I check them!

IMG_0666.jpg

Getting hungry!
Al

Ribs are done, actually overdone, but Judy likes them that way , so all is good!
IMG_0670.jpg

Added a little sauce!

IMG_0673.jpg

Will let them rest for about 10 minutes, then cut them up.
They look real good so far!
I hope they taste good!
Al

• Love
Reactions: tallbm
Well I didn't get a chance to take any pics of them sliced up. Too many beers, but I took a shot of the leftovers this AM.

IMG_0675.jpg

And the lox is done too!

IMG_0678.jpg

Here is a pile of lox!

The photo doesn't show it, but it is sliced so thin you can see thru it.

IMG_0683.jpg

I ended up with 8 - 6 oz. bags, which should last me quite a while. I only eat it on special occasions. I can't even give it a taste test cause today is day one of prepping for a Colonoscopy. I get it done on Tuesday & tomorrow is when I have to drink that awful stuff. Ironically I'm getting it done on Tues., my birthday, so when I get home I may just have to have some lox & a bagel!
Thanks for looking Al

Well I didn't get a chance to take any pics of them sliced up. Too many beers, but I took a shot of the leftovers this AM.

View attachment 411808

And the lox is done too!

View attachment 411809

Here is a pile of lox!

The photo doesn't show it, but it is sliced so thin you can see thru it.

View attachment 411810

I ended up with 8 - 6 oz. bags, which should last me quite a while. I only eat it on special occasions. I can't even give it a taste test cause today is day one of prepping for a Colonoscopy. I get it done on Tuesday & tomorrow is when I have to drink that awful stuff. Ironically I'm getting it done on Tues., my birthday, so when I get home I may just have to have some lox & a bagel!
Thanks for looking Al
Al I could go for some of that a Bagel,Cream Cheese an capers Points
Richie

Good Looking Stuff Right There, Al !!
You really know how to torture yourself making tasty stuff for when you can't eat!!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for the kind words & the likes fellas. I did cheat a bit & have one little piece of the lox. Just couldn't resist.
Al

That lox looks terrific and so do the ribs Al. One note: No videos from Tuesday please!!!LOL

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Al,

Dumb question, but I assume it freezes well?

Good luck with your procedure!!

Looks great Al. Gonna have to try it at least once. Price is just crazy here. Good luck on your exam.
I gave that little birthday present to myself a few years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy. Just another day...

That lox looks terrific and so do the ribs Al. One note: No videos from Tuesday please!!!LOL

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris, I promise no videos!
The best part is the anesthesia!
Al

Oyyy---I'm Telling!!

I know I shouldn't have, and it will probably screw up the whole test, but after yesterday & last night I don't think there is anything in there. Can't wait to get this thing over with. Having pancakes as soon as I get home!
Al

Bear
Al,

Dumb question, but I assume it freezes well?

Good luck with your procedure!!

Yes it freezes very well. I put it in 6 oz bags & freeze it for a couple of hours without vacuum, this way when you vacuum it it stays pretty fluffy when it's thawed.
I've had it in the freezer for 1 year & it tastes just like you just sliced it.
Al

Never had lox but it looks great! Will add it to my ever-growing list of things to try out one of these days. Ribs look great too!
You should definitely give it a try, I could eat a whole fillet if I let myself!

Al
Looks great Al. Gonna have to try it at least once. Price is just crazy here. Good luck on your exam.
I gave that little birthday present to myself a few years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy. Just another day...

Thanks Man!
At my age you really don't celebrate your birthday too much, it is just another day!
Glad to be on the right side of the lawn!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky