It's the weekend and time to smoke a pork Butt!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by vince, Aug 22, 2008.

1. vince

vince StickBurners SMF Premier Member

Here are a few early pictures of tomorrows smoke, I am going with my wife's special rub this time, always good.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vince

I have to say(SMF), You have me rolling now, I love to smoke and take the pictures.

3. jlhog

jlhog Smoke Blower

Dont forget to post pictures of the finished product. And I aint talkin bout no empty plate!!!

4. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

good deal. Just remember to leave the cursor at the end of the first Photo URL and then hit the space bar twice. This way the pictures don't end up side by side like you have them now.

5. vince

They are side by side? They look normal to me. I will see if I can fix that, I went back and redid it, Did it work?

6. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good luck with smoking your butt tomorrow, Vince! [​IMG] That's one of my favorite smokes to do.

Are you using SoFlaQue's finishing sauce? I hear (and shamefully have not tried yet) it takes pulled pork to a whole new taste level. Easy to make, too!

7. vince

it's on the smoker now, I woke up before the roosters today and got things going, I am super tired already, LOL

I have not use that soflaque or even heard of it, I will do a search

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Lookin' good. Don't forget pics of the finished product.

9. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

You bet it does Since the First time I used it I have never pulled pork without it. Also His carolina mustard sauce is gooood, If you like a little tang with a peppery taste. I prefer it over a tomato based sauce and use it on everything it makes a great pretzel dip too.

10. vince

I went and looked up the SoFlaQue's finishing sauce and will use it today, Thanks for the heads up, Sometimes I read about something and then just forget about it later. LOL. I'm not sure if I read the thread on it before or not.

11. vince

Temp is 145 and starting to look good[​IMG]

12. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looking great Vince. You wont be disappointed with the finishing sauce. Man, there are a lot of butts getting smoked today!

13. vince

Thanks, I notice that too on the butts, I like the butts the best. I love pulled pork,

14. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Be patient with the plateau! You have a way to go yet!!

15. solar

solar Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Yee Haa!! Looks fantastic, it is the day for smoking butts, there's 3 goig right now, yours, mine and Smokums. Have you had any stall yet? And what cooking temps are you running?

16. vince

been in the plateau stage for sometime now, About 150 for an hour already, Did the same last time,

17. solar

solar Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I hear yah, mine has been stuck between 154° and 158° for well over an hour, thank god for beer and baseball. [​IMG]

18. vince

In the foil now 12 1/2 hours later, the wind was somewhat bad along with some rain,

19. vince

This came out so good

[​IMG]

20. bobbyh

bobbyh Fire Starter

looks great, hope mine turns out.