Is there a good lighter for pits and camp stoves.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
I like to keep one of those disposable 9" lighters around for lighting camp stoves and pits. Seems like they stop working after about a year even if still have fluid in them.

Any lighter is going to run out of fluid over time. I always have a zipper on me at all times. Of course, I am a cigarette smoker. The funny thing about lighters is that they will run out of fluid whether you use them or not

Doubt if you're looking for the original zippo...flint and steel? Never runs out of fuel

20200807_174733.jpg

Actually I use this most of the time

20200807_174925.jpg

Can be a little pricey tho. Either that or just plan on buying a stick lighter about every 6 months.

Ryan

Reactions: chef jimmyj
A push button Benzomatic Propane Torch is all I have used for years. Lights Charcoal, Wood Stove, Camp Stove, Sears Meat, Melts Cheese. A single 1 pound Tank, lasts me 2 years or more...JJ

Reactions: IH 1026
I too have the Burnzomatic MAP Pro Swirl torch set-up, which is hotter than propane (3000°+) and I use it for my hobby metalworking, so it's a no brainer. I also have the hose model, but it's better for plumbing work.

You lighting propane or butane ? You can buy the spark lighters . Puts out a heavy spark .
White gas stove and propane pit. I looked at them but afraid every time needed would need to be charged.

White gas stove and propane pit. I looked at them but afraid every time needed would need to be charged.
The one I'm thinking of is mechanical . Pistol grip with a trigger . Uses flints . Used for lighting a welding torch . Not sure if it would work for you size wise . Check big box by the welding supplies .

The one I'm thinking of is mechanical . Pistol grip with a trigger . Uses flints . Used for lighting a welding torch . Not sure if it would work for you size wise . Check big box by the welding supplies .
That would work for camp stove but my propane pit is tight long reach.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky