• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Is there a good lighter for pits and camp stoves.

BC Buck

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 16, 2018
I like to keep one of those disposable 9" lighters around for lighting camp stoves and pits. Seems like they stop working after about a year even if still have fluid in them.

rmmurray

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 21, 2015
Any lighter is going to run out of fluid over time. I always have a zipper on me at all times. Of course, I am a cigarette smoker. The funny thing about lighters is that they will run out of fluid whether you use them or not

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Doubt if you're looking for the original zippo...flint and steel? Never runs out of fuel

20200807_174733.jpg

Actually I use this most of the time

20200807_174925.jpg

Can be a little pricey tho. Either that or just plan on buying a stick lighter about every 6 months.

Ryan

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
A push button Benzomatic Propane Torch is all I have used for years. Lights Charcoal, Wood Stove, Camp Stove, Sears Meat, Melts Cheese. A single 1 pound Tank, lasts me 2 years or more...JJ

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I too have the Burnzomatic MAP Pro Swirl torch set-up, which is hotter than propane (3000°+) and I use it for my hobby metalworking, so it's a no brainer. I also have the hose model, but it's better for plumbing work.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
To start a wood fire I use a weed burner, for everything else a propane torch.
Al

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
lighting camp stoves and pits.
You lighting propane or butane ? You can buy the spark lighters . Puts out a heavy spark .

BC Buck

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 16, 2018
You lighting propane or butane ? You can buy the spark lighters . Puts out a heavy spark .
White gas stove and propane pit. I looked at them but afraid every time needed would need to be charged.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
White gas stove and propane pit. I looked at them but afraid every time needed would need to be charged.
The one I'm thinking of is mechanical . Pistol grip with a trigger . Uses flints . Used for lighting a welding torch . Not sure if it would work for you size wise . Check big box by the welding supplies .

BC Buck

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 16, 2018
The one I'm thinking of is mechanical . Pistol grip with a trigger . Uses flints . Used for lighting a welding torch . Not sure if it would work for you size wise . Check big box by the welding supplies .
That would work for camp stove but my propane pit is tight long reach.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.