Introduction to the Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Callahan, Florida
My name is David Haskett and I live in Callahan, Florida.  I am a 28 ½ year Veteran of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office in the capacity of a Corrections Sergeant. I have been outdoor-cooking since I was a child in the Boy Scouts. Of course it has gotten more elaborate as I got older.  I am still active in the Boy Scouts and love teaching this craft to the young boys of our Troop.  I am retiring in 22 months and am planning on adding to my large supply of cookers and grills as a gift to myself.  I will be purchasing a Lang 60 or 84 with all the bells and whistles.  Between researching the Lang Cookers and reading posts in this forum I now want a new cooker now, so I plan to purchase a Lang 48 Deluxe within a couple of months.  I am so ready to get back to low and slow smoking and try some of the great recipes I have read on this site.  Thanks to each of you that post here.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome David to SMF. I'm in oceanway so we are not too far away. You say that you are getting a lang. Now those are great smokers and I know a couple of folks that have them and some that have the 48" model that you want also. There is also a couple of guys here that teach scouts and 4-H kids how to cook and smoke food to. So you will like this place for it has alot whole lot of thing that you will like. You will find alot of really good recipes here that are proven to be awesome dishes too. So get ready to start smoking and...........

WelcomeTo Your New Addiction

GO GATORS

David welcome to SMF glad you joined us. The Langs are great smokers for sure. Have fun and happy smoking

David, welcome to SMF, a truly addicting website! Like you, I have been smoking for years, but have not really kept up with all the new bells and whistles and all of the mountains of recipes that you will find here, one thing I think you will be able to use and learn from is the qview post, I have learned so much from watching what someone else does and how things are suppose to turn out at the end. This site has more stuff than you could ever cover if you just sat down and read non-stop for a month.  We are glad to have you with us!  The only question that's dumb here is the one that you don't ask!  Congratulations on your retirement and we look forward to hearing more from you since you are going to get really fired up with low and slow cooking.  As a former Boy Scout it is the guys like you that I remember the most and thanks for taking the time to work with our Scouts, Lord knows we need more of those kind of kids in the world today!

Your New Friend,

Barry

aka, VirginiaSmokeSignal

Welcome!!

Craig...Wood Badge 92-48  Atlanta

Hello David, and welcome to the SMF. Thanks for taking the time to write an introduction of yourself. It sounds like you've got the plan for some fun. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

David.. the Lang smoker is a highly coveted one and for a good reason. We have quite a few Lang users here so you should be able to get some good solid answers if you happen to run into problems with the cooker.

Welcome to the SMF.. glad to have you here!

David

Welcome to SMF glad to have you here with us good luck with your new smoker and thank you for your service in law enforcement

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky