Instant Pot Beef Strogenoff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zippy12

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Modding from here: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/instant-pot-beef-stroganoff/
  • 2 tbsp butter unsalted
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1.5 lb Chuck steak trimmed of fat (mod)
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 8 oz mushrooms sliced
  • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 cup red wine dry (mod)
  • 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce (mod)
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 8 oz egg noodles dry
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped (optional)
  1. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer's guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)

2. Add the butter and olive oil to the instant pot and cook and until the butter has melted. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook the beef for about 3 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.

3. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and stir. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.

4. Add the paprika, white wine, worcestershire sauce and flour and stir well. (mod)
    *** This will burn to bottom at this point so turn off saute setting ***
  5. Add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot, and cover them with the beef broth and water to cover noodles. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Cook on high pressure Meat Stew for 6 minutes.

6. Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.

7. Stir in the sour cream and taste for seasoning. Adjust with salt or pepper if necessary. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
20180226_174140.jpg

20180226_183116.jpg

20180226_183329.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Zippy,

point for sure.

Chris

Thanks Chris, Dylan and Johnny

I just got the IP 2 weeks ago and it really does a great job at cooking and tenderizing tuff cuts of meat.
Makes cleanup easy too

Nice!
I like my Instant Pot. I only use it for a few things though like tenderizing super tough cuts of meat or cooking beans and things that take a while.

How well did it tenderize the chuck steak with a 6 minute setting?
I know with my venison and wild pork shanks I put it on about 75 -80 minutes and that does the trick so that they are fork tender and all or almost all of the tendon and tough connective tissue is soft and also fork tender.

Looks great! I'm planning to do a Stroganoff spin-off tomorrow using an old ribeye I had in the freezer. My basic method of preparation is similar to yours, but my wife likes mashed potatoes instead of noodles.

Congrats on making the Chat Carousel.

Looks delicious! Question though. You mention ground beef. Or did you mean just the cut up chuck roast?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky