Independence pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3rivers smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
Well, I did it. Two pork butts and everyone enjoyed the barbecue. First time smoking pork butts. The prep was a little intuitive than ribs. And I learned, salt pepper garlic and paprika makes really good barbeque.
It took nearly 11 hours. Probably wouldn't have taken as long had I just put them straight onto the grates however , would have had a mess in pellet grill. First time using pecan pellets. Other than the amount of time it took, it was pretty easy

Attachments

• 20210704_183116.jpg
    20210704_183116.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210704_203631.jpg
    20210704_203631.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210704_183112.jpg
    20210704_183112.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210704_203740.jpg
    20210704_203740.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 30
Yup, looking good. I have a vertical pellet smoker and I line the water pan with foil and go straight on the grates. Just let all that rendered fat drip right into that and makes for easy clean up.

Looks excellent!
When the bone pulls out clean like that you know you nailed it!
Nicely done!
Al

Man you did good! Dirty Steve Dirty Steve has a good idea for ya. Also go to Walmart or wherever and get a couple of "cooling racks" like you use for baking. place them over your aluminum pans to put your protein on. This gets it out of the juices and lets it get that all around smoke.

Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
Man you did good! Dirty Steve Dirty Steve has a good idea for ya. Also go to Walmart or wherever and get a couple of "cooling racks" like you use for baking. place them over your aluminum pans to put your protein on. This gets it out of the juices and lets it get that all around smoke.

Jim
That's good idea, I'll try that the next time

Reactions: JLeonard
Yup, looking good. I have a vertical pellet smoker and I line the water pan with foil and go straight on the grates. Just let all that rendered fat drip right into that and makes for easy clean up.
Try filling that foil like pan with some chicken or pork broth. Defat it and mix some in the pork. Liquid gold man.

Nicely done. I'm glad it all came together...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky