If you had to choose one!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which smoker should I choose for most consistent cooks and not tending to smoker constantly for temp

• Weber Smokey Mountain 22 in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Char Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker

• Brinkmann TrailMaster Limited Offset Smoker

• Brinkmann TrailMaster 57 in. Vertical Smoker

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twobeanbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
New Orleans, La.
So, I'm an amateur bbqer, I would like to step my game up to competition level. I've been using inferior rigs, but have been able to put out respectable, well cooked BBQ. I have a chance for a bit of an upgrade, but my budget is around $400. I've narrowed it down to 4 and would love some input on other options or about the ones I've found, or you can simply just click on the poll and run right through this thread lol

Smoker options: Weber Smokey Mountain 22 in., Char Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker, Brinkmann TrailMaster limited offset smoker, Brinkmann TrailMaster 57 in. Vertical Smoker

As always I appreciate any and all info! Keep on Smokin on :grilling_smilie:

I would probably go with the WSM if I were given those choices.  Great smoker with good temp control 
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

That's the one I've been leaning towards. I've always been into the stick burners, but a summer and partial winter in Louisiana is unforgiving haha tending a fire every 20 minutes is rough. I cooked on a friend's BGE and it opened my eyes to the bullet style smoker. Can't afford a BGE, but also want more surface area.

I have, but don't have the tools or the know how. I'd hate to buy all the materials and then do something wrong. That would devastate me and my smoking aspirations

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky