IDevice IGrill2 Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just picked this up at Lowes today for 80. Cheapest price I have seen until I just read about Sam's a month ago. Was planning on smoking a butt this weekend so can not wait to try it out. All I've had up till now is a fork probe and the built in probe on my mes30 which is not accurate at all.
were they clearing them out? They have almost prefect 5 star rating on their website. And lot of ratings (190)

I have no idea. It was the only one they had. They had quite a few Mini's. Knowing the reviews and seeing the price reduction made me go ahead and get it.

I just picked one up at Bass Pro Shop today for $99. I replaced my old weber thermometer with the Igrill2. This thing is amazing. Super convenient! I've been snapping screen shots to torutre my Dad all day. Love it! I'm going to pick up another probe in a few weeks. I noticed Amazon had them for $79, but I needed mine today.

Last edited:
Update: I found the deal at Sam's club for $50. 4 probes included. I'll be getting a refund from BPS tomorrow ;)

What a great deal.  What State are you in?  The Sams in my area dont have it.
yeahthat.gif

I'll pick em up and ship them out for $75 + shipping. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I'll ship them with the receipt from Sam's for your warranty. They only had about 6 left. iGrill2 w/ 4 probes.

Last edited:
Do you guys find the charts useful?  It would be great to see what my smoker is actually doing on startup temps wise (i.e. the overruns).  It would also be great to see the historical smoking temps while I am not home (to make sure the smoker has been doing what it's told).  The 3rd plus for me would be to have a benchmark for future smokes with respect to time and average temps.

But I wonder, once you've used it for a year, does this info become redundant and then the iGrill sits in the draw?  I already have a Mav 733 and would only get the mini for the charts.

I think the graphs are awesome.  But honestly, I think I've only opened the graphs on an excel sheet once or twice.  Of course I'm not an excel guru and don't use it enough to figure out how to charge the data on excel... I did spend a long time getting rid of the outliers in the data (there were several.. and data recorded for every minute or 2..) 

If I had extra time and thought about it I would sit down and go through it all.  I do email the data to myself, and screenshot the graphs.  It is interesting to see my offset smoker jump around with temps.. 

The igrill mini just comes with a meat probe, it only has 1 port.  I use one of my meat probes from the igrill2 as a temp probe.  One of these days I'll invest in a temp probe, when I'm no longer an unemployed recent grad.. I know idevices says not to do that because it isn't as accurate.. but so far it's worked just fine for me.  I use a wooden clothespin with a small hole drilled through the handles and it works great to hold up the meat probe.  

The temp prob I believe is shorter, and it has a blunt end.  Whereas the meat probe is longer with a point end.  Took me forever to figure out the difference until I studied the pics closer haha.  The temp probe also comes with a clip for it to rest on the grill or wherever.  Whereas the meat probe does not.  

http://idevicesinc.com/igrill/igrill2/

If you scroll down on the provided link there is a good pic of the probes.  The blue one on the right is the temp probe.  

Fun fact:  They even have a candy making probe !! For avid candy makers! (My sweet tooth thinks I need to get in on this hehe)

Another cool feature that I don't remember without scrolling through previous posts... Idevices finally did some updates to their app a while back, and you can now see your probe temps from your lock screen! They created a widget to go on your home screens.  That was a big thing I originally had as criticism for them to improve.  

Cool! So you can use the meat probe as a temp probe?
Yessir! Has worked just fine for me! Mine has gotten black and I try to clean it as best I can between uses.  
Ok how do u get the widget? I have an iPhone but I do good to use it to look SMF. lol.
Do you use idevices connected app or the igrill app? I have a galaxy and only the idevices app will work for me.  If you use that app, open it up. On the home page at the bottom select 'More' then select 'settings'.  There will be a home screen widget option - you can turn it on/off and tell it how often to refresh.  If you have a galaxy, you can add the widget to one of your home screens.  I do not know how to do that on the iPhone.  If you use the igrill app (I think this app only works for iPhones) then I am not sure, I'd suggest looking around the settings.. If it can do it.  

Hope that helps! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky