Idea and plan for my first Smoker....need advice from the pros!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelsey tharp

Original poster
Jun 6, 2015
Hello guys!  I'm planing on building a Reverse Smoker on a trailer soon.  My brother has all the welding experience so he'll be helping with that.  The part I'd like advise in is the set up.  I'll probably be using a 120 gallon tank for the CC.  Not sure the trailer size yet.  I've drawn up my idea (the scale of the parts are approximates) so to make it work I'd have to set the FB behind the CC.   So how bout it.....?

That is a good starting point. Use Feldons calculator to get everything so it will work well. I look forward to seeing your build. I see this is your first post. When you get a chance will you swing by roll call so everyone can give you a proper SMF welcome?

Happy smoken.

David

Welcome to the forums Kelsey.

Looks like a good plan. You may need to make some adjustments for the firebox size. The one in your drawing looks a bit small. It should be 1/3 the volume of your cook chamber.

As themule69 said, run your numbers in the calculator to get an idea where to make adjustments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky