• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I think I have everything I need now...

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
everytime I read a recipie from here and want to try it, I am always one spice short, so yesterday I went to WalMart and got every one that I needed. It was like Christmas :)

There was a bottle of saffron, and you cant even call it a bottle, it was a small envelope in the bottle, that held a few stalks....almost 15.00 dollars!! Glad I dont need that one :)

But, anyway, I am now set to smoke :)

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

Lisa

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 17, 2006
Now you'll have to put em' to good use and crank out some awesome "Q".

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Sounds like it's time to start making your own rubs, recipes are great but i really enjoy experimenting with my own, flavors that i like. I burned up my whole pantry trying to perfect a rib rub last wekend for a comp i was doing, but ended up with a pretty good mix! Time to restock, now i need a good brisket rub

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
bubba, why don't you buy jeff's rub recipe? i just bought it yesterday, and it looks good just reading it. i can not wait to try it (hopefully this weekend).

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
if you want, anything you can think of & really good spices & i know the combos to make them even better... try http://www.fiestaspices.com i guarantee everyone here from texas knows them & it is good -i guarantee it- i'm working on a distriburtorship & sponsorship up here. just try the fajita(on any & every meat even spag.)spice, uncle chris'(even on butter simmered & bacon chip green beans) & the carne guisada spice these are my staples -i ain't making a dime here- but if you don't love it.. i'll pay for your spices & the postage to you & postage to me for yer leftovers.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
i rarely do rubs or what i call "slather sauces"but i do have 2 good ones- my old staples(usually for ribs i do my old tried/true standby) the spices i just mentioned w/ a splattering of balsamic vin, worch. sauce. & a dark beer(i use arrogant bastard ale or honey brown) or fer chix (secret trick to do on ribs for contests) 1 cup sauce, 1/2 beer, 2 cloves of smoked garlic,1/4 cup molasses, 1/4 cup brown sugar, sprinkle w/ the spices i said- when it's to 180..tent & foil in the smoker or oven @ 220 (add 1tsp water & 3 tsp beer)for 2 hrs. open, rest, & sprinkle w/ a dash(light) paprika.-20-45 mins later pull bone & slice meat. done

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.