I had a stroke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
About a week ago I suffered a stroke and as a result I am now on lipator so that means I will have to limit my cholesterol intake so I will have to cut back on my intake of pulled pork brisket and other fatty meats like bacon.That is really bad news. how I love my fatty meats. I have a prime packer in the freezer right now I am anxious to smoke. i just praise God that I didn't suffer any paralysis or other deficits and I know I should watch what I eat if I want to live a long life And not leave my wife a widow.The stroke left a golf ball sized lesion in my brain. it is a miracle i didn't suffer any paralysis or deficits. I will still eat brisket and pulled pork I just won't eat a pound at a time.

So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Chris

Sorry to hear. Hope they take very good care of you.
This growin old stuff ain't for no sissies.
Prayers from here on the Left Coast.

Sorry to hear but glad it wasn't worse, time to try finding those healthy smoking recipes

Last edited:
Reactions: Walchit
Glad you pulled through! I did the mini stroke (the warning) about 2 years ago and it took almost every ounce of strength out of me, I can't imagine what your going through. Prayers for a speedy recovery and be sure to include some leafy greens with your smokes now!

Reactions: pa42phigh
I'm brand new here, and just wanted to say that I'm praying for you. Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Not offering medical advice, but my doctor put me on fish oil capsulesb becauseof my cholesterol, and it had a tremendous effect. I didn't want to go on something like lipitor, because the potential side effects are as bad as the potential effect of doing nothing. I still changed my diet quite a bit, but the fish oil seems to have made a big impact. Just thought I'd mention it in case you thought it was worth talking to your doctor about.

Sorry to hear. It stinks when our health can take a turn at a moments notice. Glad it wasn't really serious. Still a serious issue for you. It sucks when we have to deprive ourselves of the foods we love so much. My heart goes out for all when it comes to that. All stand behind / beside you when cutting back saves and extends your life. Good luck to you and hope for the best to you. It's not only your family outside of here but those that know you in here that care and want the best for you. We want our fellow members to be here with us a long time.
Get well and rest
Rob
MI

Sorry to hear that, but glad to know that you didn't suffer any lasting effects!
There are a lot of lean meats that you can smoke, and as you said a little brisket every once in a while should be good!
Just don't overdo it!
I'm finding out myself how bad it sucks to get old!!
Al

Wishing you a quick recovery. Healthy smoke is still a good smoke...
Your family is most important.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky