I AM HOME ALREADY WITH MY NEW HIP UPDATE DAY 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great news Al.

Pain meds can be a blessing, but I found an alternative in a European mix that is not used over here yet. If you google it, there are studies that show it can be as effective a pain blocker as oxicodone but without the obvious side issues and addiction. It's 600mg of Ibuprofen and 1000mg of Acetaminophen taken as one dose (ie, 3 x 200mg Motrin and 2 extra strength Tylenol taken together). I tried it after my recent kidney surgery and it worked great for me. I only too 3 of the "real" pain meds before moving to the Motrin/Tylenol blend. Google it, there are a lot of studies in the USA that report on it's effectiveness, it is just not used (I guess there is more money in narcotic pain killers than over the counter ones).

On the other hand if you are on any blood thinners or certain meds, they may not work well with Motrin or other NSAID's.

Great to hear all went well. I had no idea the replacement could be done so fast...JJ

Great news Al, glad it went quickly and smoothly. What's the old saying around here "No pics didn't happen" just kidding. Looking forward to seeing you in front of that Lang with another tutorial.

Chris

Holy Shoot, Al !!!
That's the fastest one I've heard of!!
Mrs Bear was operated on from 9 AM to 11:30 AM yesterday, and she's maybe coming home today, but more than likely tomorrow. I'm beginning to think she just doesn't want to leave the Hospital, because it was 6° here this morning!!

Welcome Home, Al !!

Bear

Reactions: crazzycajun
Glad to hear all went well now do the following as instructed and you will be going full bore in no time.

Modern tech sure is awesome wonder when we will smoke a brisket in a couple hours. :D

Warren

How are you doing this morning, Al??

images

So many well wishers .... let me throw my hat in .... told you it would be a breeze !!! Now kick back, relax and you will really begin to see the difference that new hip will make, like really soon !! Welcome back, even if it was only 24 hours or so, LOL !!!

Way to roll Al! Them hospitals are no place to feel inclined to hang out at anyway! You will be tending your Q before the week is out I'll bet!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky