I AM HOME ALREADY WITH MY NEW HIP UPDATE DAY 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
They sure have come a long way with hip surgery. The new method called anterior hip replacement goes in from the front and doesn’t cut any muscles. They just move everything out of the way and put the new hip in. I got operated on around 9:00 AM this morning and I got home around 6:30 tonight. Right now I have hardly any pain at all, but I’m sure it will hurt in the morning. I guess we iill see.They had me up walking around right away after surgery. So far this has really gone well.
I’ll check back in tomorrow!
Al

Great news Al. I am sure you will be soar tomorrow.

They sure have come a long way with hip surgery. The new method called anterior hip replacement goes in from the front and doesn’t cut any muscles. They just move everything out of the way and put the new hip in. I got operated on around 9:00 AM this morning and I got home around 6:30 tonight. Right now I have hardly any pain at all, but I’m sure it will hurt in the morning. I guess we iill see.They had me up walking around right away after surgery. So far this has really gone well.
Al
Good news. Speedy recovery!!

Al

Sounds excellent Al!
Yep, they seem to want you to get right up already.
Enjoy those BLT sandwiches.

I think bacon grease is a good joint lube....
And it smells good.

Well they sure don't waste any time these days. I know they want people out as soon as possible but this has to be a new record for major surgery!! Glad to hear you're home already Al.
And don't even think about skimping on the pain meds. Probably gonna hurt like hell tomorrow morning.
Gary

Wow Al!!!
Talk about speedy recovery!
Glad to see you are home so quickly as they have no smoked goodies at the hospital cafe.
Keep up with the pain med schedule and remember you PT feels no pain. Following the PT regiment will speed your full recovery.
Craig

Glad you are home so soon . Did he mention a " nerve blocker " ? Tore my bicep off the bone and split my Rotator a few years back . Told me , take the pain meds now , because when the blocker wears off it's gonna hurt .
I didn't , and it did .

Wow! Holy crap, outpatient hip replacement? Did you know this going in? That is utterly fantastic.

You will likely be a bit sore tomorrow. As nimrod said, take your pain meds regularly and heed the Dr.'s instructions. Glad thing went well.

Wow!!! Glad it was a success for You! I had no idea of the advancements in hip replacement

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky