I AM HOME ALREADY WITH MY NEW HIP UPDATE DAY 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Went to my first p/t session on Friday & he gave me exercises to do at home. They are pretty easy & I also have been walking around the block which is about 1/4 mile. I could do it without the walker, but they want me to keep using the walker for at least the first week. Still no pain at all, and not taking any pain pills, just a couple of beers in the afternoon & the ice water machine.
Al
Good to hear.

Happy things are going so well Al. The key is to keep up with the physical therapy I think ... and the couple of brewskies you’ve self prescribed will do you well.

Went to my first p/t session on Friday & he gave me exercises to do at home. They are pretty easy & I also have been walking around the block which is about 1/4 mile. I could do it without the walker, but they want me to keep using the walker for at least the first week. Still no pain at all, and not taking any pain pills, just a couple of beers in the afternoon & the ice water machine.
Al

So good to hear.. And... with all the news around concerning opioid dependence.. Better off not having to take those pills for a long time.
Good deal!

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas!
I feel like i really could go back to doing everything I used to do right now.
It's hard just sitting around when I feel so good & have all this energy!
I guess a few beers are in order, as they say it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
Happy New Year to all of you!!!
Al

Al isn't so great to know that there are so many well wishers and friends on this forum.

Happy New Years to you and yours.

Warren

Your absolutely right Warren, I feel like this is one big family on here & I feel right at home.
It's a great group of guys & gals for sure!
Al

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Hope it stays that way for a few decades. ;)

Heck Al,if need be they can replace a few more parts.Seems it's getting to be like quickie lube these days,out in 15 mins or your next service is free :D

HAH! Years ago I used to work with a guy who had a mechanical heart valve.When the office was quiet you could hear it from 20 feet away.It would drive me crazyo_OI'd have to turn on a fan for some white noise.He'd laugh at me.He didn't even hear it as he was used to it.

Bill

I'm hoping this bad boy lasts me the rest of my life.
I'll just keep replacing parts until I'm all metal.
Al

You guys are too much!
It's been a couple of days over a week & I'm, going out to the grocery store with Judy today.
I'll just hang on the cart & see how I do. Still no pain to speak of & I think I get the bandage off on next Tues.
Then depending on how well it has healed I'm hoping to be able to go swimming soon. I usually swim a mile every morning & miss that a lot.
Al

Al good to hear you are making good progress. Probably helped some you was in good shape.
No speeding down the aisles today. :p

I know this thread is a couple of weeks old now, but I'm glad to hear the HR went so well for you. I'm facing one myself AND both knees down the road (have already been told as much by the Doc) and I've been dreading it...big time.

Wow! So glad you are having a good recovery. Thanks for posting this too. I am sure it will ease the fears of others facing the same surgery.

Best wishes for your speedy recovery!

Ed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky