I AM HOME ALREADY WITH MY NEW HIP UPDATE DAY 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great for you Al!! And btw: really pay attention to your Physical Therapist, these people will get you where you want to be.

Well it’s been 3 days & I really don,t have any pain. I stopped the pain meds yesterday. The pain I had before the surgery was much worse than the little bit of pain I have now. I’m walking around easily without a walker, but I’m still using it or a cane. They gave me a machine that pumps ice water to my hip. It wraps around my hip and has hoses going to a cooler with ice and water in it and a pump on it. The machine cycles on and off so the water in the wrap gets cold but not so cold that you have to take it off. Whenever I’m in my chair watching tv or getting on SMF with my iPad I have it on my hip. I think it works better than the pain meds.
Al

Al That is great keep on doing what you are it is working
Richie
Happy New Year Bud

Last edited:
Sounds Great, Al !!
Glad you're doing so good.
Mrs Bear is coming home today.
I think you guys got the Great Hip Drs & equipment down there, because all of our wealthy Old Folks retire in Florida.
They probably do thousands of Hip replacements down there every day.

I told Mrs Bear before the first Hip that the Anterior method looks better, but it's her hip, and I guess her Dr wasn't trained in that method.

Bear

Sounds Great, Al !!
Glad you're doing so good.
Mrs Bear is coming home today.
I think you guys got the Great Hip Drs & equipment down there, because all of our wealthy Old Folks retire in Florida.
They probably do thousands of Hip replacements down there every day.

I told Mrs Bear before the first Hip that the Anterior method looks better, but it's her hip, and I guess her Dr wasn't trained in that method.

Bear

Yea Bear it's like an assembly line down here, they just do one right after the other. And the Doctors are really good, cause like you said there is a lot of old people down here & they are busy keeping us going with new parts.
Glad to hear Linda is doing well, give her a hug for me!
Al

Yea Bear it's like an assembly line down here, they just do one right after the other. And the Doctors are really good, cause like you said there is a lot of old people down here & they are busy keeping us going with new parts.
Glad to hear Linda is doing well, give her a hug for me!
Al

That's what we thought was going on down there!!
Thanks A Lot, Al !!
We're real glad you're doing so well, and it looks like this one is going much better than Linda's first one.
The first one started out bad when her bone cracked, and they had to put a longer spur in & wrap wire around the bone to hold it together. Then it went downhill from there. None of that happened this time, and she seems to be doing Great!!

Bear

That's fantastic.

Never heard of the ice water therapy . Goof friend of mine had both hips done 8 days apart last January. He was in quite a bit of pain for about a month before it slowly got better. No water therapy like you have.

Awesome news, Al! I don’t know if your ice machine is a Polar Care but yes, they are every bit as beneficial as pain meds. I have two of them!

Thanks fellas!
Bear, I'm glad to hear Linda is doing well this time too!
And yes the ice water machine is really helping.
I'm walking around without any pain at all, just a little stiffness.
Still I have to go in for therapy for 4 weeks, 3 times a week.
By then I hope to be back to doing everything I was, but without any pain.
Al

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Glad to hear that both you and Mrs. Bear are doing good. It's amazing what they can do nowadays, just make sure to listen to the doctor's and PT's.

Went to my first p/t session on Friday & he gave me exercises to do at home. They are pretty easy & I also have been walking around the block which is about 1/4 mile. I could do it without the walker, but they want me to keep using the walker for at least the first week. Still no pain at all, and not taking any pain pills, just a couple of beers in the afternoon & the ice water machine.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky