I’m hooked.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SKade

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
West Virginia
Smoking cheese has its hooks in me. Started my second cheese smoke today. I’ve got 13lb going. A little bit of this and that. A local grocery store has a pepperoni cheese that I thought might be interesting smoked so I picked up some of that. Some more cabbot seriously sharp. It turned out great and is relatively cheep at Sam’s. Some flaming jack and some other pepper jack. A block of kerrygold, tallmook, some mozzarella, and a little muenster to round it out. Going to do three hours again with the apple pellets. It turned out well last time. Can’t wait to try some of this. Hopefully the two smokes will last me through the year. If we get another cold snap I might have to do one more.
2EDE4A59-2DBF-4BE9-A1A1-7BE84A83FE49.jpeg

That is a good variety. Tillamook has been a favorite for smoking for many years and I've recently tried the Kerrygold and really like it. When you do different sized blocks, adjust your times to compensate for thickness. I try and size everything similar which helps with my smoke consistency from batch to batch. For example, I get 8 blocks from a 2# brick of Tillamook.
EBBf4wA.jpg

That is a good variety. Tillamook has been a favorite for smoking for many years and I've recently tried the Kerrygold and really like it. When you do different sized blocks, adjust your times to compensate for thickness. I try and size everything similar which helps with my smoke consistency from batch to batch. For example, I get 8 blocks from a 2# brick of Tillamook.
EBBf4wA.jpg
I will keep that in mind. I should have sized the cheese a little better.

That looks amazing. Pepperoni cheese sounds unbelievable, let alone smoked. I just did my first cheese smoke this week. Definitely need to do a big batch like that. Nice work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky