Hurricane Zeta Cat2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sending hopes and prayers for all in Zeta's path, hope y'all are prepped and safe.
Recently upgraded from a Cat1 to a Cat2, that increase didn't seem to be forecasted.
Top wind speeds at altitude of 120mph, at surface over 110+mph.
73saint is among the many that are going to get a direct hit from the eyewall from the looks of it... Stay safe Rob!
I'll be on the strong, right/East side of the storm and expect to lose power, my gen set is primed and ready.
And expect to see only strong tropical storm force winds.

Best wishes to all in the path! Feels like ya all just keep getting pounded by these storms.

Stay safe
Ryan

Been a crazy year. Hope the cajuns stay safe. You as well Chile. We are currently getting 4-6in rain between a system from the west that will eventually meet up with the hurricane

Stay safe folks. Y'all could send some of that Rain North to PA. My Spring went dry from lack of Rain. No showers until???...JJ

Might lose power here soon, it's browning out and flickering, probably have trees/limbs on power lines all over town.
If it'll just stay on for another half hour or more we'll be through the worst of it, and the odds of losing it lessen greatly.
Small blessing is the size and speed of this storm,, and that the Southern side of it is pretty dry and weak.

Last edited:
Stat safe all! At 4am here in Ga we had 10,000 without power. By 7am we had over 1 million without power. Luckily we didn't lose power, yet. Now it's moving out. It came and went pretty fast. Trees down sporatically all over Atlanta metro, not nearly as bad as the Gulf. Praying for everyone.

Prayers to all in the Track!!!
It Rains here all the time, but we usually only get the tail end of Hurricanes.

Stay Safe All !!

Bear

Mobile, AL
Over 100,000 households still without power here in Mobile alone.
A curfew is in effect from 630pm-630am.
I'm posting from my phone, USB tethering/ hotspot.

No internet or cable, but we do have power back in my neighborhood at least.
Minor damage to my roof from fallen tree limbs, one tree and lots of tree limbs down, fences askew or down.

Luckier than a lot of people, house down the street from me has a tree through their front porch/door.

Southeast LA and MS, and into Southwestern AL state line got slammed pretty hard.

Zeta was Fast and Furious!
Amazing to think she is already almost in the Atlantic off New Jersey.

glad you're safe! Damage to houses can be fixed, lives not so much.

Ryan

I guess she went right by here---Now pushing snow into the New England States, I guess.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky