Dorian

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Everyone in the path please be safe if you have to stay.

We got all our important papers, meds, food & water for 7 days, guns and pups ready. Leaving 5th wheel here. We have a friend who has a house west of us about 6 miles we are heading to.

So far the evac has only been given to coastal areas. We are about 22 miles inland from the water surge but cant escape the winds.

Florida requires all full time RVrs to have acts of nature ins. Heck we can always replace it if needed.

Stay safe down there! Was just watching weather channel videos at work on it looks to be pretty nasty. Hoping for safety for all!

Rick you can always come to the other coast. We got lots of room. Besides, we could use some personal lessons! :emoji_sunglasses:

a little trick that was put on here was to vac seal all your important papers together and put in your chest freezer to store them at home. Taking them with you can be dangerous if they got lost or misplaced; with your house, no matter the damage they are usually safer. Good idea!

a little trick that was put on here was to vac seal all your important papers together and put in your chest freezer to store them at home. Taking them with you can be dangerous if they got lost or misplaced; with your house, no matter the damage they are usually safer. Good idea!

I've heard the same thing, except it was the dishwasher instead of the freezer, anyway be safe folks.

Chris

Rick you and the Mrs stay safe.
I hope it is not as bad as they are talking
Richie

Will do y'all.

Everyone in the path stay safe.

Don

After the last hurricane we left 3 days before to go to daughters in ATL, Took us 17 hours (normal 7) and 22 hrs to get back.

Reactions: drdon
Rick you know or should know y'all are more than welcome here anytime with the present forecast we should be good here unless it changes again

We sure dodged a bullet with that storm. It looked like it was headed right at Sebring for several days. The stores were out of food, no gas, no water. I think everyone was remembering Irma & just went overboard prepping. But I guess that's better than not prepping & getting hit. At least we have all our supplies for the next one!
Al

Reactions: drdon
The NEXT hurricane...

1 pray.jpg

Most of Florida got lucky on this one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky