• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy from Tyler, TX

Joined Jun 27, 2017
Hi there!!!

My name is Josh and I am from Tyler Texas. I have been grilling my whole life from my first burnt steak my dad let me cook when I was just a wee laddy to today. I am fairly new at the BBQ smoking game, I own one offset cheap backyard pit I call "Kerchak" a little bullet smoker I call "short-round" and I just got an electric smoker from a family member.

I love the whole process of prepping the meat, choosing my spices, choosing what wood I want to use, how hot to make it, how long do I want to cook, to wrap or not to wrap?, and all the other stuff. I have been getting praise by every one that eats my product but I am hoping to break into the competition world and try my hand at the big time. 

I work as a therapist in my everyday job but on the weekends and when I can afford it, I love cooking and getting better at BBQ.

I hope I can bring some positive info to this group and be a good member.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Josh, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and enjoying smoking so much.  Nothing better.  It's a therapy all to itself. 

Enjoy the forum and looking forward to seeing what you smoke up.

Ray

submariner

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 24, 2017
Welcome fellow Texan and neighbor.  Longview here!!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.