how to stop a dog from eating...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Poop...we have 4 poop shooters. 2 in the 12 year range and a pair of 9 month old sisters. Both of the youngsters have this nasty habit...but one of them will eat right from the factory, so to speak. We obviously can't be outside with them costantly to try and catch them in the act. We have our entire 5 acres fenced so going out and picking up the land mines isn't real practical neither.

Last edited:
worthless.gif

I've read that when dogs do this it's usually a vitamin deficiency in their diet or could be pancreatic problems. I don't know what to do to combat it but I'm sure the vet can help you.

Nothing better than when the dog "eats" then comes in the house and gives you a big lick on the face...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: forktender
we had the same problems with my labs. we fed ours canned pumpkin. after its digested it leaves a foul odor in the poop and they wont eat it again. another idea is to feed them pineapple or pineapple juice. or you could add some msg to the dog food. thats just some of the things we did to break ours. i did go out in the backyard and sabotage some of the poop with hot sauce they really didnt appreciate that lol. 

we had the same problems with my labs. we fed ours canned pumpkin. after its digested it leaves a foul odor in the poop and they wont eat it again. another idea is to feed them pineapple or pineapple juice. or you could add some msg to the dog food. thats just some of the things we did to break ours. i did go out in the backyard and sabotage some of the poop with hot sauce they really didnt appreciate that lol. 
Foul odor in poop.....wow....don't know what to say....

Started giving our older 2 dogs canned pumpkin tonight....think I may go outside to sleep tonight...one of them is faring way stinkier than normal...

When I first started reading this thread I was offended because I thought y'all were covertly talking about my cooking; but when you said the dogs would eat it I knew it wasn't about that.
a38.gif

got the same issue here, except for rabbit pellets.  Bella is on the lease due to HOA restrictions, so we've got her pretty well trained with the "LEAVE IT" command. but she sneaks a few in every chance she gets...

don't know if I can feed the wild rabbits,  host sauce thing might help tho'

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky