How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got mine 2 weeks ago from Amazon.  Great price and free prime shipping means I didn't have to do much.  :)

Smoked a pork butt last weekend that turned out great.  Ribs are smoking as I type.  Can't wait to try them out in a few hours!

MES ordered from SAMs arrived with the bottom caved in. i returned it to local Sams club which do not carry the smoker. i drove 45 min to pick up a new one and got home opened the box and the door was dented and the plastic piece that holds the controller broken. I called MB they sent parts. Customer service is amazing absolutely friendly and helpful! I received a controller not the plastic piece and a very dented door. I called MB and the sent out another shipment with the right part and a new door arrived not perfect but good enough. I just wanted my smoker. Meanwhile I found a MB cold smoke adapter kit and purchased it. I tried to cold smoke some steaks one day and the cold smoke kit kept popping the circuit breaker I rewired it with heavier gauge wire and good connectors. all was good steaks were amazing. Did a pork shoulder 8 hrs using the smoke kit for continuous smoke and it was amazing. Second time to use the smoker and the meat temp probe quit. I had to return the unit as the temp prob is not replaceable. I drove 45 min to SAMs got another drove home and when I opened the box my new smoker was dented so I am returning it and gonna get something else. I have a friend has one his works great and he loves it. Good luck! I'm out!
I've purchased 3 MES 40" from Academy Sports (two of 'em when they had the $299/free ship sale) and all 3 were perfect! In addition, all 3 were the 1200 W windowed all-stainless version and all 3 had the small chip box that was replaced free by Masterbuilt customer service by making a phone call...!

Just got a MES 30" about a month ago and have used it every weekend since. It's probably just my inexperience, but things get way too hot in this thing way too fast. The internal probe either isn't accurate or I'm just not using it right. Either way .. this thing is a ton of fun and I've made some great grub with it so far. Just need to dial in the temperature a bit more I guess.

Just got a MES 30" about a month ago and have used it every weekend since. It's probably just my inexperience, but things get way too hot in this thing way too fast. The internal probe either isn't accurate or I'm just not using it right. Either way .. this thing is a ton of fun and I've made some great grub with it so far. Just need to dial in the temperature a bit more I guess.
You really don't know how hot it's getting without an independent thermo, preferably a digital wireless like a Maverick ET-732. Don't trust the MES temps!

Bear

Have to agree with all on getting a Maverick type thermometer. I never count on what the display says. Now the meat probe on my MES 40" 2nd gen is pretty darn close to what my Maverick reads. I can give them credit it on that......

Guess I got lucky with my MES. It the older style without the remote.  My probe and thermostat where fairly accurate right out of the box and have been going strong for many years. But I also bought the Maverick ET just for the connivence of the remote. And its a great backup. 

I'm a newbie to smoking, and wanted to start with the convenience of the MES. Bought mine at Sam's, and so far have used it just once, for a whole chicken. It turned out good, but I know I have some tweaking to do to get used to the temps, amount of smoke, rubs, etc. But I'm definitely hooked and look forward to my next smoke.

I'm a newbie to smoking, and wanted to start with the convenience of the MES. Bought mine at Sam's, and so far have used it just once, for a whole chicken. It turned out good, but I know I have some tweaking to do to get used to the temps, amount of smoke, rubs, etc. But I'm definitely hooked and look forward to my next smoke.

Once you get a few more smokes under your belt you will want to do something every weekend. Get a Maverick if you already havent and then check out the Amaze-N-Pellet smoker. I got one and will be trying it soon, but all the folks that I have read that already have one say they love it.

I just got a 30" old style with window and top controls.

I have 2 racks of ribs that I will be smoking tomorrow to break it in.

I plan on getting a maverick dual probe next week...

any other accessories that I should look into?

Happy to be here, all!

Chad

I just got a 30" old style with window and top controls.

I have 2 racks of ribs that I will be smoking tomorrow to break it in.

I plan on getting a maverick dual probe next week...

any other accessories that I should look into?

Happy to be here, all!

Chad
Yes----You should purchase a 5" X 8" AMNPS----You'll not regret it.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky