1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How hot you got? Also, some wings

Discussion in 'WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)' started by loosechangedru, Dec 28, 2018.

1. I've got these in at 350* holding steady with a FB100.

20181228_192216.jpg

2 more hours or so and and I'll have some more qview, but in the meantime....Can/Does anyone do 400* for chicken, parts/whole? I've forgotten each time to try it, it's always halfway through or after a cook. Just seems like sure-thing crispy skin, even if your sacrifice a little extra smoke time. Thoughts?

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I do chicken parts on my kettle with the Vortex. I'm not sure how hot it gets but my therm needles are buried and I need a glove to take the lid off. Wings are looking real good.

Chris

3. indaswamp

indaswamp Master of the Pit OTBS Member

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good so far. Howd they finish out?

5. Thanks for the feedback. Turned out great! I overestimated my heat tolerance with my spices, but it's worth it. I'll check out that post by Disco.

20181228_211940.jpg

SmokinAl likes this.
  6. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those look delicious!
    Al

7. Thx for the like, Al! Your wing posts were very helpful in getting me going. First year I've ever done wings.