1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Homemade Mozzarella, it's so easy! Plenty of Q-view!

Discussion in 'Cheese Making' started by SmokinAl, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

My answer would be they will last quite a while.

As long as they are completely submerged in the olive oil they should last a long time.

If mold starts to grow on them then that would be my clue to dump them.

Al

2. txusafguy

txusafguy Fire Starter

Damn brother that looks delicious.  I will be trying that very soon.  Do you guys smoke your cheese or just leave it as is.

crazymoon likes this.
  3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thank you!

We haven't smoked any of the homemade cheese yet because we end up eating it right away.

But there is no reason not to. I think it would be real good!

Al

4. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SA, I know its' a oldie but points for a great tutorial !

5. SmokinAl

Thanks CM!

Al

6. I realize this is an old post.... But, I have access to some whole milk and was thinking about attempting this recipe. Unfortunately, Junket is the only option I would have locally, and milk will spoil by the time I get something else shipped. The articles I have read say to not use junket...that it isn't the same, but.... I am willing to give it a go. Other than including 1/2 tablet instead of a 1/4 tablet.... Is that your only recommended change? TIA

7. SmokinAl

I'm interested in this myself. I didn't realize there were different kinds of rennet.

Please post your results. Good or bad.

Al