Home made prep cart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

upin smoke

Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
Saw a niffty cart somewhere on the internet and thought I would build a cart for preparing meats for my stick burner. Most of the lumber was scraps left over from trim jobs. Most exspensive material was the wagon wheels, 15 bucks each from Kmart. Top has two hatches that open up for storage. Wife likes the idea that I can stay out of the kitchen a bit more during a cook.
Just thought I'd pass the idea along. View media item 434727

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: floridasteve
WOW! Nice work. You could get big $$$ building them for sale...JJ

This looks awesome! Great job! I was just saying I need to build a cart with the leftover wood from my wood storage build. I might have to try to copy your design.

Thanks for the compliments ... It took me a day to build using some scrap 1x and some left over pressure treated 5/4 boards... 

The wagon wheels are just for looks ( they are about an inch off the deck) . I have legs and a wheel in front sort of like a wheel barrel ...

The curled wrought iron side pieces ( I did price the real thing first and no way  ) are actually cheap metal ductwork drives cut,curled and painted flat black.  

Took me a few hours to torch and stain and then put on a coat of polyurethane. My wife says now that I'm retired I should build and sell them ...but... how the hell would I ship them ...lol ....

Maybe I could come up with some instruction plans with a material list & templates ...   I don't know ,,,,sounds like more work to me ;)

Id rather be smokin some brisket.

Dean  

Yes, about half way between Baltimore and Annapolis.
Local watering hole gave me the umbrella.

Actually im just north of the bay bridge on Rock Creek.I've only been smooking for about a year but have picked up a lot of pointers from this web site. I'm amazed at how popular it is world wide.

Awesome!  I like it.  Wish I could build something like that. I'm a nuts and bolt guy.  Couldn't saw straight or nail two boards together to save my life! 

Hope this doesn't offend anyone but a good friend of mine stopped by and asked where i got the name for the side of my prep cart . I told him it was a name I use on a smoking meat forum I belong to...... he said "oh I thought it was the name of one of my favorite movies"....  

So I just had to paint on the Icon ..... ;)

If you ever decide to sell plans to your prepping cart please let me know. I would be very interested in purchasing a set from you.There always seem to be an abundance of scrap

wood lying around my place and it don't do much good just sitting there doing nothing.

You are a talented wood worker, the prepping cart turned out really nice.

Happy Smokin

Smokin Sid

Love it!  LOL  Good job! 
thumb1%20copy.gif

That is a niice Cart , I found a "Back Yard Gear " Cart at a Garage sale and it serves me well.

Shown here in th corner . Has good storage and Water proof !:biggrin::biggrin:ROTF

I like yours better , want to trade ? ? ?

Thanks for the look at yours !

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky