Holiday Mishaps, Flubs, Crazy Occurances and such

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
noboundaries noboundaries Great Story. I can picture the Tentacle hanging over the edge of the bowl, and the horror on your Brides face!
Diversity in Marriage offers new opportunities to experience other cultures. Besides, you can't typically plan who will touch your heart.
But the old timers had some ideas that worked...My Grandma, and my Dad, told me from young, " Find a nice Polish Girl! You'll have a lot in common and be happy...."
They were Right. My wife Bev's Father was Polish and her Mom Irish and Swedish. Bev and I grew up eating similar foods and had a common cultural background. We continue to keep the Traditions of our families and at least some of our kids, plan to follow. We have been together 35 years, married 32 years...JJ

I'm Norse. I would have loved to eat a fine Italian meal. Your fish sounds a helluva lot better than lutefish.
Another military mixed family?
You're brave admitting that feat.
Yes on the mixed military family.

Yep. It was 17 friggin' degrees! I had on a summer flight suit, t-shirt, long johns, boots, socks, and a single layer canvas jacket provided by the school. Five parachute panels, which captured a little body heat, but they're no sleeping bag. I'd eaten very little food by that point for energy. No fat on my body. No fires allowed.

The trainers all said we'd be spooning before the night was over if we wanted to pass the course. Getting sent to the hospital for hypothermia was failure and you had to start again from the beginning.

The LCDR and I resisted as long as we could as the uncontrollable shivers progressed through our bodies. Two words were eventually spoken. "---- it!"

And we actually got some sleep.

There were four women in our group. I wasn't that lucky.

There were other things I won't mention, but modesty was your enemy.

The key is to accidentally drop the turkey into the coals as you're trying to remove it from your UDS.

For some reason the cooking grate slipped off of its anchors and down he went! Very exciting experience!

Needles to say, I extended the length of the anchors after that.

Merry Christmas,

John
Crap John, lots of peps are intentionally dropping all kinds of meat directly in the coals (oh and swirling them around in it like its a pitcher of cool-aid) for Instagram......You were just ahead of the times.....LOL

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's a great post to bring back up! Loved reading it again!

Thanks Brian! Great memories!
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky