High-stress growing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
Simple concept, the more you stress the harder she works. Water can legitimately become a cost issue (those tomatillos required about 2-3gal water, 4x daily). Using whatever regular soil you do is fine, but you can try adding in some sand or other well-draining anhydrous medium to your soil (a la "hydroponic")
KIMG0339.JPG

tomatillos.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
Those Cherry Tomatoes got about 8-9ft tall before their big fruiting, ended up ~5ft up & 5+ft down. That cooler is there because the (huge, very much grape-like) clusters would've been on the porch, otherwise.

....And those are my brothers tools/deck(+cooler) he let rot that ive repurposed for my madness endeavors; Waste not want not, lol.

lotta info on it! but yup, nerd-growing stuff. lol. kinda like growing "by feel" but the reward for a minimal added effort (especially if you have limited space/plants) is well-worth it, IMO

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky