Hick'ry!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbilly jim

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Floyd, VA
A friend right across the ridge owns 50 acres. Last year, he let a wood cutter drop a Hickory on his place for the firewood. The cutter left all the limbs and branches stacked up next to the stump. I went over there this mornin', loaded it in the truck and brought it home.

Another buddy of mine owns a big three cylinder diesel chipper. He's gonna chip all this up for me. This oughta' see me through a coupla' smokes, ya' reckon?

Great score!

Why not load your truck up & come down for a visit.

I could sure use some good oak splits!

Al

My buddy with the chipper is comin' here this afternoon to chip up my wood for me. I think I'll do a Boston butt for him.

Jim, That sure is a lot of left over stuff from cutting 2" x 12" splits. Just sayin'. Being a stick burner, that's all I can ever see.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky