Mexican Beef Enchilada "Pizza": Weird But Delicious (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I wanted pizza. Tracy wanted Mexican food. There must be a compromise somewhere that will work for both of us. I think I found it :emoji_laughing:

First up is to make the enchilada sauce. This stuff is absolutely legit and just loaded with flavor.
001.jpg

Brown a pound of ground beef and add a light dose of my taco seasoning. Don't need a lot of seasoning because the depth of flavors in the sauce.
002.jpg

Diced onions and sliced jalapenos.
003.jpg

Had a friend drop in recently who loves the veggie pizzas I make for her. Short notice so no time to make the dough. Grabbed these pre-made at the store and they are pretty good.
004.jpg

Ground beef on the crust then the enchilada sauce. This actually looked appealing in the pan. The pic however leaves a bit to be desired :emoji_astonished:
005.jpg

Ro Tel tomatoes with habaneros.
006.jpg

The onions.
007.jpg

Sliced jalapenos.
008.jpg

This is the cheese I found. Not a ton of flavor but it melts beautifully and adds great ooey, gooey cheesy texture.
009.jpg

Break up a bunch of the cheese onto the "pizza".
010.jpg

Onto the grill. Too hot to spend a ton of time messing around outside so took the quick and easy.
011.jpg

Coming along nicely. About 10 minutes in with the grill running around 425.
012.jpg

Off the grill and into the house....20 minutes or so but did not really keep track of time.
013.jpg

Add a bunch of fresh cut avocado.
014.jpg

Sliced for serving.
015.jpg

Plated with some sour cream and guac. Out to the patio....with all 3 ceiling fans running wide open.
016.jpg

For David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking )...a close up shot. And yes David, it has gravy. You saw it in the beginning of the post :emoji_laughing:
017.jpg

Wow....this was an absolute flavor bomb. Legit Mexican flavors throughout and lots of it, just not in a conventional form. We both loved this concept as well as the meal itself and it did hit on all the marks both of us wanted: pizza and Mexican. The icing on the cake so to speak would be the avocado though. It brought a cool, refreshing note to the meal and balanced out the powerhouse flavors of the sauce. Both the taco seasoning recipe as well as the enchilada sauce have been posted before but if anybody would like them please just say so and I'll pop them back in here for you. Yep, this one was a bit bizarre but oh so good and yet another that will be added to the menu rotation. This was SO good!!

Oh well, I'm done. Need to go get some lunch. y'all take care and see everybody soon. Stay cool and keep hydrated.

Robert

That looks great! Wayy better than the cold leftover pizza im eating for breakfast this morning!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I wanted pizza. Tracy wanted Mexican food. There must be a compromise somewhere that will work for both of us. I think I found it :emoji_laughing:

First up is to make the enchilada sauce. This stuff is absolutely legit and just loaded with flavor.
View attachment 670315

Brown a pound of ground beef and add a light dose of my taco seasoning. Don't need a lot of seasoning because the depth of flavors in the sauce.
View attachment 670316

Diced onions and sliced jalapenos.
View attachment 670317

Had a friend drop in recently who loves the veggie pizzas I make for her. Short notice so no time to make the dough. Grabbed these pre-made at the store and they are pretty good.
View attachment 670318

Ground beef on the crust then the enchilada sauce. This actually looked appealing in the pan. The pic however leaves a bit to be desired :emoji_astonished:
View attachment 670319

Ro Tel tomatoes with habaneros.
View attachment 670320

The onions.
View attachment 670321

Sliced jalapenos.
View attachment 670322

This is the cheese I found. Not a ton of flavor but it melts beautifully and adds great ooey, gooey cheesy texture.
View attachment 670323

Break up a bunch of the cheese onto the "pizza".
View attachment 670324

Onto the grill. Too hot to spend a ton of time messing around outside so took the quick and easy.
View attachment 670325

Coming along nicely. About 10 minutes in with the grill running around 425.
View attachment 670326

Off the grill and into the house....20 minutes or so but did not really keep track of time.
View attachment 670327

Add a bunch of fresh cut avocado.
View attachment 670328

Sliced for serving.
View attachment 670329

Plated with some sour cream and guac. Out to the patio....with all 3 ceiling fans running wide open.
View attachment 670330

For David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking )...a close up shot. And yes David, it has gravy. You saw it in the beginning of the post :emoji_laughing:
View attachment 670331

Wow....this was an absolute flavor bomb. Legit Mexican flavors throughout and lots of it, just not in a conventional form. We both loved this concept as well as the meal itself and it did hit on all the marks both of us wanted: pizza and Mexican. The icing on the cake so to speak would be the avocado though. It brought a cool, refreshing note to the meal and balanced out the powerhouse flavors of the sauce. Both the taco seasoning recipe as well as the enchilada sauce have been posted before but if anybody would like them please just say so and I'll pop them back in here for you. Yep, this one was a bit bizarre but oh so good and yet another that will be added to the menu rotation. This was SO good!!

Oh well, I'm done. Need to go get some lunch. y'all take care and see everybody soon. Stay cool and keep hydrated.

Robert
Looks amazing! Thanks for posting another super fun cook!

That is just beautiful!! What a combo of all my favorite Mexican flavors. I'd love that for sure x

Oh man thats a great looking pie. nice fusion of cultures there. I'd have a hard time sharing it though.
Thanks Jim!! I kinda had to share though. Tracy doesn't like it when I'm selfish. I'm just glad she decided to share or I'd have gone hungry :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Wow Robert. Just Amazing
I love that Rotel. I will be considering this next time I do pizza. You always do Mexican food justice bud.
Very much appreciate it Brian. We go through a lot of the Ro Tel tomatoes around here. They also get used a lot in weekend breakfast meals. We also love Mexican food, as you well know and also love the stuff. A common bond I guess :emoji_wink:

Robert

Now that's definitely an out of the box pizza! Bet it was delicious!
Yes sir, it was certainly outside the box.Another of those where Tracy looked at me as if I'd burnt my last brain cell when I was getting it started. Final product is all that mattered though.

Robert

There's a whole lot of flavors in that pizza Robert, and it looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky