Hi! this is Famous Dave

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
welcome1.gif
The more experience the better. We are all avid learners here and love cooking meat with fire. Nice to have you with us. Kinda funny when I see your posts. Famous Dave - Newbie.
ROTF.gif

Last edited:
It was your restaurant in Appleton, WI that I had my first real rack of ribs and I've been hooked since. I rarely go out to eat anymore these days cause I love to cook. I will also note, Devils Spit is my favorite store bought BBQ sauce. I actually like to mix Devils Spit with a little Texas Pit together because I like the heat and the black pepper together.

Looking forward to reading about your ideas & BBQ adventures.

Welcome to the forum Dave, nice to see an Ol' Dog that still strives to learn new tricks and keep it fun!
yahoo.gif

On a side note.... I do like your sauce, but unfortunately not a fan of the ribs... sorry. Not sure if it is just the restraunt here in Portland, OR or what, but every time I have had ribs and chicken it has been way, way to salty. Just wanted to pass it on... figure feedback is the only way to know if something needs to be looked at or not.

Regardless  - it is great to have you on the forum, definately look forward to reading some of your posts! Don't forget the Qview!
biggrin.gif

welcome1.gif
Hope you enjoy it here .. I don't believe I have even seen one of your places around here .. Perhaps in my travels I will find one .. Shocked you have time to breath tho .. welcome aboard.. any advice is always helpful

Welcome to the SMF Family...I have never eaten in one of your restaurants but saw you on a TV competion show a couple of years back, Tim Love from the Lonesome Dove was a Judge. I think you were putting out some awesome Q and was surprised at some of the judging. In any event I look forward to some of your secrets...JJ

Welcome to SMF and thank you for joining us!  Please be at home and anything we can do, just ask!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky