Hey Chris, Your New Beer Pole....Seriously (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice of you Robert and you have some good skills!
Thank you Dave but this one didn't take a lot of skill. It was a very simple and basic project.
Well since I seen Chris has yet to show up for this, I am willing to step up and accept this generous gift on his behalf! Just sayin.
Well sir, Chris has graciously declined the offer of this ans is going to keep his current beer pole. Send me a PM with your full name and address. I'll get it packed up and shipped out.

Robert

Wonder if there is a wider market for a side gig selling a few? I’d get one!
The kind words are appreciated but I absolutely am not looking for a side gig. Matter of fact, I'm looking at less work, not more :emoji_laughing: This is just a hobby that has expanded over the past year and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I do have just enough it the 4" round steel to make one more....just sayin' :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: bigfurmn
WOW!!! Robert I'm truly at a loss for words. You've created a work of art right there my friend. It's beautiful and I really appreciate the time, effort and thought that you put into it. However(now I'll get beaten up for what I'm about to say), I just can't bring myself to retire my original beer pole.
I completely understand Chris and appreciate the gracious comments. I honestly thought this may be the case and that's why I mentioned it in my original thread.
I sincerely hope that you're not offended by my decision
Absolutely not offended in any way. I just hope you don't think I was being presumptuous putting this out in the public forum.
To steal a descriptor from a good friend. That pole is EPIC
Hmmmm....wonder where that descriptor came from. Can't remember it's been so long since I've heard it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Absolutely not offended in any way. I just hope you don't think I was being presumptuous putting this out in the public forum.
Not at all Robert.

Hmmmm....wonder where that descriptor came from. Can't remember it's been so long since I've heard it :emoji_laughing:
Hmmmm it has been a while hasn't it. Maybe this will poke the bear and get it back into the rotation. I knew something was missing from the forum.

Again I really appreciate the gesture.

Chris

Reactions: Flatrate
Robert,

You are the genuine article, a true gentleman, and it has been a great pleasure for me over the last few months trading words with you and getting to know all the folks here on SMF. Your offer is very kind, and I thank you for extending the offer to me. I am going to pass also.

However I got an idea. Would you be open to the idea of a Throw Down in Chris's honor? We could call it The Beer Pole Challenge? Chris in my opinion should have the honor of coming up with the the theme, something he would like to see happen? I mean he has been around for almost 11 years with 15,000+ post.

I would be more than willing to step in and participate with the Throw Down. That would make a damn fine trophy!

What does everyone think?

Regards,
Dave

Robert,

You are the genuine article, a true gentleman, and it has been a great pleasure for me over the last few months trading words with you and getting to know all the folks here on SMF. Your offer is very kind, and I thank you for extending the offer to me. I am going to pass also.

However I got an idea. Would you be open to the idea of a Throw Down in Chris's honor? We could call it The Beer Pole Challenge? Chris in my opinion should have the honor of coming up with the the theme, something he would like to see happen? I mean he has been around for almost 11 years with 15,000+ post.

I would be more than willing to step in and participate with the Throw Down. That would make a damn fine trophy!

What does everyone think?

Regards,
Dave
I think that is a great idea!
Chris and Robert are two great guys for sure. But, I don’t know about their teefs compared to mine! I must say I am more handsome.
18C81FCD-784A-4E84-AFF3-348DB108FB5E.jpeg

I'm open to this idea. However the focus should be on Roberts( tx smoker tx smoker ) and his generosity. My cooks are all dumpster fires compared to his. It's like comparing Woolworth's counter food to a five star restaurant.

Although this one was real good, and easy on the toofs.
1680539372251.png

1680539724723.png

Chris

I'm open to this idea. However the focus should be on Roberts( tx smoker tx smoker ) and his generosity. My cooks are all dumpster fires compared to his. It's like comparing Woolworth's counter food to a five star restaurant.

Although this one was real good, and easy on the toofs.
View attachment 662052

View attachment 662053

Chris

Okay I agree, so why don't you and Robert work together to come up with the theme? Plus if he has a hand in it he can't compete, so the rest of us have a chance at this. Only idea I have if it is deemed The Beer Pole Challenge, beer needs to be in the cook.

Dave

Reactions: JLeonard
The kind words are appreciated but I absolutely am not looking for a side gig. Matter of fact, I'm looking at less work, not more :emoji_laughing: This is just a hobby that has expanded over the past year and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I do have just enough it the 4" round steel to make one more....just sayin' :emoji_wink:

Robert

I would not argue at all with. Although I feel some others here would be more worthy of that gift. Thinking moderators or the volunteers here. It is damn cool and if no one wants one I mean heck yeah I’m in.

A little late to the party but I have to say this whole thread just oozes awesomeness! Great guys, each and everyone of you.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky