Here ya go Steve!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Evidently Steve H Steve H and I were thinking jerky this weekend. He posted his awesome jerky right about the time I was putting mine in the smoker. I had a 1# chub of 93/7 needing to get used, and just enough LEM jerky seasoning for it. Mixed up the seasoning with some cure#1, and water and mixed with the GB last night. Today, I grabbed the "Big Ass Caulk Gun" and squeezed out some caseless snack sticks. My sawtooth controller on my Rec Tec will smoke as low as 150°, so in they went for a few hours at 150, and then at 225 for the finish to 160ish IT. Came out dang tasty.

IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0912.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. I did some venison jerky 2 weeks ago.

Much appreciated. Now elk jerky is something I need to try. I do prefer whole muscle jerky because I can keep a piece in my mouth and work on it for a while.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Looks good! A late Christmas present was a "Big Ass Caulking Gun" and I've already made 3# of the jerky but haven't tried the sticks yet. I just use Liquid Smoke in the mix.
I've been using a dehydrator but I'm thinking the oven would be much faster.
Next batch will be sticks!

Looks great Dave! Nicely done! I do jerky frequently. I got some leftover pork loin marinating since yesterday. Have a great and happy new year.

Well well well...looks like several of us caught the jerky fever. You, Steve H Steve H and me. I pulled mine in the middle of rolling out some homemade pasta....which you also got into over Christmas, just like me :emoji_laughing: Here's a quick shot of mine right out of the dehydrator.
005.jpg

Robert

It's a PID controller that has a wider temp range than the factory Rec Tec PID. 150° to 600° vs the factory 180° to 550°.
I googled this and can't find a reference. Is this something you adapted? I never use the high end of the smoker, and a lower bottom would be nice. Do you have a link?

Looks good Dave , and you and Steve must be sharing the same mind

David
Yea. Steve pulled a "Jedi mind trick" on Robert and me on this one! "You will make jerky this weekend"!
really look delicious!!
Thanks.
Nice work . I like the casing less sticks .
Thanks. I kinda feel like I cheated without stuffing some cases, but I was lazy.
Looks good! A late Christmas present was a "Big Ass Caulking Gun" and I've already made 3# of the jerky but haven't tried the sticks yet. I just use Liquid Smoke in the mix.
I've been using a dehydrator but I'm thinking the oven would be much faster.
Next batch will be sticks!
Thanks. I do like the Jerky Cannon. Pretty handy.
Looks great Dave! Nicely done! I do jerky frequently. I got some leftover pork loin marinating since yesterday. Have a great and happy new year.
Oooh. Pork loin jerky. Be sure to post that one up.

Last edited:
Looks really good. Need to do the caseless sometime.
Thanks. It's a nice, lazy way to do jerky.
Came out great, some nice work there! RAY
Thanks Ray!
Well well well...looks like several of us caught the jerky fever. You, Steve H Steve H and me. I pulled mine in the middle of rolling out some homemade pasta....which you also got into over Christmas, just like me :emoji_laughing: Here's a quick shot of mine right out of the dehydrator.
View attachment 653179

Robert
Thanks Robert. Your jerky looks fantastic. I've used that pasta maker a couple of times. Definitely a learning curve. I didn't post any pics because nobody wants to see a kitchen that looks like someone threw a couple of flour grenades in it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky