"Hot" Smoked Salmon Many pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
bought a pound of salmon, dry brined with 1 cup brown sugar, 2 TBSP sale 1.5 TBSP pepper for 7 hours, rinsed, dried in refer, light coating Jeffs original rub, smoked at 180 for about 1.5 ish hours. It was very good. had a nice vegi salad with it . Steve H Steve H Hooked up the salt free Caveners - that is money!
Before
IMG_8252.jpg

Covered in dry brine
IMG_8253.jpg

7 hours later...
IMG_8254.jpg

Rinsed and drying for pelicle
IMG_8255.jpg

On the Rec Tec
IMG_8256.jpg

Vegi salad
IMG_8257.jpg

Off the smoker
IMG_8258.jpg

Plated with a slice of focaccia and a Yeti of white wine.
IMG_8259.jpg

Wow Dave. That is some darned fine looking fish right there buddy. Very well done and a nice meal all around. Hopefully this is a sigh that recovery is going well.

Robert

bought a pound of salmon, dry brined with 1 cup brown sugar, 2 TBSP sale 1.5 TBSP pepper for 7 hours, rinsed, dried in refer, light coating Jeffs original rub, smoked at 180 for about 1.5 ish hours. It was very good. had a nice vegi salad with it . Steve H Steve H Hooked up the salt free Caveners - that is money!
Before
View attachment 635503
Covered in dry brine
View attachment 635504
7 hours later...
View attachment 635505
Rinsed and drying for pelicle
View attachment 635506
On the Rec Tec
View attachment 635507
Vegi salad
View attachment 635508
Off the smoker
View attachment 635509
Plated with a slice of focaccia and a Yeti of white wine.
View attachment 635510
Did you measure IT when you pulled it. My wife would love this and I would get to smoke at least one more day of the week. We get awesome salmon here is Seattle. I need to do this. It looks so delicious. Thank you for posting.

Looks great! I’ve yet to try this. It’s on the long and always growing list.
Many thanks. this was very easy and fun.
Wow Dave. That is some darned fine looking fish right there buddy. Very well done and a nice meal all around. Hopefully this is a sigh that recovery is going well.

Robert
Thank you Robert. Recovery is going...just slower than I wanted. the knee is still sore. I imagine this is going to be the norm for a while.
Did you measure IT when you pulled it. My wife would love this and I would get to smoke at least one more day of the week. We get awesome salmon here is Seattle. I need to do this. It looks so delicious. Thank you for posting.
I did, I pulled at 140-145. I bet this would be killer with some fresh Seattle salmon!

Reactions: Nefarious
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky