Here I Go Again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...with souvlakia, that is. We enjoyed BandCollector BandCollector 's recipe so much the first that my wife instructed me to make it again...

Only difference between my first attempt and this time was the meat. Pork last time, chicken breast this time. Marinated and skewered, ready for the grill...
20220419_163517[1].jpg

20220419_170854[1].jpg

20220419_171923[1].jpg

Made a different Greek potato dish this time, Patates Lemonates. Cut Russets into wedges, put into a baking pan and covered with the lemon sauce.
Lemon Sauce:
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 3/4 of a cup olive oil
  • equal amount of water (if not parboiled)
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • the juice from 2 lemons
  • 1 or 2 tsps of semolina (I used A.P. flour)
Mix all these ingredients together and pour over potatoes, stirring to coat. Bake at 400℉ for about 45 minutes then stir to coat again. Bake another 45 minutes or until crispy to your liking. This recipe came from mygreekdish.com. A very lemony potato dish that's very good.
20220419_173111[1].jpg

I cooked the marinade I used on the chicken to make it safe and put it on the potatoes. Everything else exactly the same as before...
20220419_174720[1].jpg

Again, this is a keeper for us, thank you BandCollector BandCollector ...

Last edited:
Yes sir Charles, that's a winner right there my friend. I too continue to tip my hat to John ( BandCollector BandCollector ) for that post. Since making it, I've done several derivations of it and keep coming up with different things to create with the flavor profiles he shared. Well done sir...to both of you :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yes sir Charles, that's a winner right there my friend. I too continue to tip my hat to John ( BandCollector BandCollector ) for that post. Since making it, I've done several derivations of it and keep coming up with different things to create with the flavor profiles he shared. Well done sir...to both of you :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert. . .You are too kind. Keep experimenting and I will be able to make you an honorary Greek! Hell, forget that. . .You are now an honorary Greek!

Take care my friend,

John

Good looking plate Charles. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky