My To-Do List...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...just got a little shorter. I have seen several cooks lately and have added them to my list. My wife loves cabbage rolls so the Halupki recipe posted by tx smoker tx smoker that was xray xray 's grandmother's was on it https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...es-cold-weather-dinner-pics-of-course.313579/. I did it exactly as Robert did with the exception of the kraut. I didn't use but about half of what he used and that was simply due to not having enough of my own homemade kraut, but that problem is being solved right now and I will not let that happen next time. Using the 2 lbs. of burger made 13 rolls which was enough to feed my usual crowd. Also, per Robert's suggestion, I added some additional salt and pepper.

Anyway, I'm not going to repost the cook, just show some pictures of the results and they were really, really good. I can't think of anything I would do differently next time...
20220324_151619[1].jpg

20220324_151727[1].jpg

20220324_180327[1].jpg

20220324_181957[1].jpg

Our daughter really loved it, but couldn't say what flavor it was that she tasted. I told her what was in it and the kraut and she said, "That's it!!"
This one was a hit and will stay on the list, thank you Joe and Robert...

Next up on the list are BandCollector BandCollector 's souvlakia https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/Σουβλάκια-souvlakia-greek-shish-kebab.313825/ and
Steve H Steve H 's pork tenderloin with kraut and tomatoes https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pork-tenderloin-with-kraut-and-tomatoes.313950/

I’m glad you enjoyed the Halupki and if it’s a recipe you decide to keep then I am grateful for that. Hopefully it serves you well and gives your friends and family some comforting food.

When I make them I use 3lbs of meat (beef and meatloaf mix) and that will get you about 20 rolls give or take.

More cabbage and sauerkraut is always a good thing! And assembly becomes a lot quicker the next time you make them.

BandCollector BandCollector souvlakia is pretty high on my list as well! Also Steve H Steve H pork and kraut will get made too.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
You're killing it recently sir!! I am honored that you found my thread worthy of honoring Joe's ( xray xray ) grandmother.One thing for sure, this meal has made the rounds. Several folks have made it and all have given fantastic reviews. A true testament to a generations old recipe and yours looks simply amazing. Very well done my friend.

Robert

You're killing it recently sir!! I am honored that you found my thread worthy of honoring Joe's ( xray xray ) grandmother.One thing for sure, this meal has made the rounds. Several folks have made it and all have given fantastic reviews. A true testament to a generations old recipe and yours looks simply amazing. Very well done my friend.

Robert
Thank you, Robert. When I saw this, I knew that I had to make it because these are flavors that my wife loves and you know how important family is around my house so it was a no-brainer.

That really looks delicious!
Great photo’s too!
I just have to make that!
Al
Thank you, Al. I just ate one for lunch that I had left over and I believe that they are even better, if that's possible. These are really good. With the crowd that usually eats here, I don't have many leftovers so next time I'll make more...🤣

Wow! You crushed that one! Incredible work! Congrats on getting into the “To Do” list! It’s always growing🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky