Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Theo

Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
I'm a new member. I would like to start learning how to smoke. Deciding what type of smoker to purchase. Looking at the Smoke-It electronic smoker Model 2D. Any recommendation for me? Want something easy to use and clean. Thanks Theo

Welcome from NC.

You're probably on the right path given your priorities of easy use and maintenance. Electrics are probably as easy as it can get, and Smokin-It is well-regarded.

You'll find a lot of info and existing owners in the Electric Smokers sub-forum.

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin. That Smoking It 2D unit looks like a solid unit. With PID control, you are in for some quality cooks.

Can't wait to see some pics of your cooks out of that bad boy.

JC :emoji_cat:

Welcome from NorCal! You are making a right decision: Smokin-It 2D is a very good smoker. A few years ago I was considering to buy the same smoker but... switched to another one only based on my personal "cooking" priorities....

A Big Ole Welcome From East Texas

Gary

Welcome to SMF!
I’m sure you will be totally confused on what smoker to buy.
But electric’s are the easiest to operate, and stick burners give you the best flavor.
Something in between would be a Weber Smokey Mountain with a BBQ Guru controller. Have fun deciding!
Al

Many of us started on electrics. And many never changed! The 2D has a lot of great reviews on this site. And welcome! Looking forward to seeing your smokes.

Many of us started on electrics. And many never changed! The 2D has a lot of great reviews on this site. And welcome! Looking forward to seeing your smokes.
Hi BD, Thanks for your reply! Do you recommend wifi and should I consider a 3D or is that necessary for a beginner?

Hi BD, Thanks for your reply! Do you recommend wifi and should I consider a 3D or is that necessary for a beginner?
IMHO... And you’ll get a lot of answers on this BUT When it comes to electrics go fo the largest capacity within your budget. As you begin to enjoy and improve you’ll be having family and folks over to show off your keen culinary talents!
WiFi is another tricky question. I have WiFi’s on my RT700 smoker and as a backup, Wi-Fi on my tappecue too. If I am away from the house I can adjust my temps from anywhere. Very convenient. Some however will say You should spend your money elsewhere.

IMHO... And you’ll get a lot of answers on this BUT When it comes to electrics go fo the largest capacity within your budget. As you begin to enjoy and improve you’ll be having family and folks over to show off your keen culinary talents!
WiFi is another tricky question. I have WiFi’s on my RT700 smoker and as a backup, Wi-Fi on my tappecue too. If I am away from the house I can adjust my temps from anywhere. Very convenient. Some however will say You should spend your money elsewhere.
Gets pricey with all of the upgrades

Welcome from North Carolina. I am new to smoking and this has been SO much fun. I have a Traeger Pro Series 34 electric smoker. It is easy clean up and works well. My favorite thing about the smoker is the ease of use and the size of the rack area.
I have gleaned SO much information from this site. Just sit down one evening and read, read, and read some more. The folks here are super helpful and have lots of great advice.
Good luck and can't wait to see your posts.

Welcome from North Carolina. I am new to smoking and this has been SO much fun. I have a Traeger Pro Series 34 electric smoker. It is easy clean up and works well. My favorite thing about the smoker is the ease of use and the size of the rack area.
I have gleaned SO much information from this site. Just sit down one evening and read, read, and read some more. The folks here are super helpful and have lots of great advice.
Good luck and can't wait to see your posts.
Hello, thanks for the advice! Is that a pellet smoker you have?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky