Hello To All...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jon foster

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
White Lake, MI
Ok, Bassman sent me over here to see how you guys handle smoking meat. And things are looking pretty tasty so far too.

I guess I'm supposed to tell you guys about me but I don't know what to tell ya. I like eating more than cooking but enjoy trying new things. I hate fast food period. In fact, I usually get sick if I eat now. I love smoked meats and cheese but smoked venison jerky and salmon are probably my favorites.

We keep a Weber Q in our truck (and everything needed to eat well for a week) for roadside cooking, hiking, camping or just a day at the park.

At home we have gone back to the old Weber charcoal grills. We have two of them. One large and one mini.

We also have some huge smoker we bought for our oldest daughter. She's a cookaholic and we constantly encourage her to make stuff so we can eat it. I have no idea what brand it is but it's about 5 feet tall, and resembles a locker or chest standing on end. It's propane fired with several racks in it. Everything we've made in it has turned out perfect but it needs to get used more too.

I've got too many hobbies to list or afford but the main ones are: model trains, photography, wine/mead/beer making and camping with my family.

Oh ya, we are also cast iron cookers.

Jon.

Edit: I gotta learn to spell!

Jon welcome to SMF glad Bassman sent ya our way. If you hang out around here looking at all the recipes and Qview that smoker will probably start getting more use
biggrin.gif
Have fun and happy smoking

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I told my daughter about the forum but I don't know if she's stopped by yet.

As for pictures I don't think I have too many of our food but I'll keep it in mind. Here's a quick shot from early last summer. One of our typical tailgate dinners while out driving around from park to park... Chicken kabobs are excellent BBQ food on the road!

120967412.jpg

Jon.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

First off welcome Jon to SMF. What part of Florida cause I'm in the jacksonville area and there are some of us near tallehassee too. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Thanks again guys. I'll check out those links too.

Mballi3011, I'm in White Lake, Michigan not Florida. Sorry!

Jon.

Glad to see you made it over here, Jon! Glad to have you here.

This probably doesn't matter but we dug the smoker out today to make our first Fattie... It's a 36" Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain.

Jon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky