Hello from sunny CA.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dan,

I also had back issues. . .7 back surgeries. . .Ouch!

I did a great deal of competitive trap shooting in my day and had the luxury of knowing a superb gunsmith. Proper stock fit, backboring, muzzle porting, and a recoil reducer correctly installed in the stock pretty much eliminate recoil.

Over the years I always hunted with a 12 ga. Remington 1100 and 11-87 3" mag. Eventually I switched over to a 12 ga. Winchester SuperX2 which pretty much eliminates most of the recoil.

My Ithaca Mag-10, I had backbored, the barrel shortened, Briley choke tubes, and a recoil reducer installed. Shot like a dream and felt like an extension of my eyes. Sometimes a bit heavy to carry into the field but was always worth it and always my first choice. Made some pretty spectacular shots with that baby.

Well anyway. . .I have my pleasant memories.

John
Ouch, is right!!!
For sure I'm going to look into a stock and recoil guy if the new gun needs it.
I do have a mercury recoil reducer in my SBE, but it only does so much on spring guns.
I'm switching over to gas recoil guns next year for sure and will have it fit to me.

Fit is an absolute for taming recoil.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

That was between two of us Bear.....out here the limit is 7 ducks, 25 snow geese and 10 dark geese which can be either 10 Canada geese or 10 Whitefront geese/Speckelbellie geese or any mixture of the two to get you to 10 geese. That is a one day possession limit per person, and it's legal to have a total of 3 possession limits as long as they were killed on different days. So you can hunt 3 days or more on a travel hunt and legally bring home 3 possession limits. That would be damn near impossible to obtain limits of ducks and geese out here, ducks or geese is totally doable but not both unless you have BIG money to hunt the million dollar clubs, and they rarely take limits of both ducks and geese on the same day. That is way too many birds to clean in my opinion, I'm happy with 3-5 of each. Or a limit of ducks and a few geese, or vise versa,. I'm not greedy these days, if I get a few of each I'm thrilled and have plenty of meat. I think our goose limits are insane, that is way too many birds.
The goose limit is set to reduce the over population of geese out here, they destroy crops and cause problems with air traffic.

Dan.

That still sounds like a good day for even 2 guys.
We have good limits, but nobody limits out in Ducks around here.
Here's our limits on ducks:
Total Duck Bag Limits: 6 daily, 18 in possession of any species, except for the following restrictions: daily limit may not include more than 2 mallards including 1 hen mallard, 2 black ducks, 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 canvasbacks, 1 pintail, 1 mottled duck, 1 fulvous whistling duck, 4 eiders, 4 long-tailed ducks, and 4 scoters. Possession limits are three times the daily limits.

Bear

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky