Hello from Saskatchewan, Canada!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TheFrenchCanadian

Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi all, I'm one of the latest new guys. Can't believe I didn't find this forum in the last 5 years since I started smoking!

I have a MES & the controller started losing its mind a couple of weeks ago, JUST as I was about to slip a $100 brisket into it. I managed to limp through the process (thanks to my friend who was nice enough to loan me a smoker in the middle of the night as a backup, gotta love the smoking community!). I started looking for parts and realised there was a better way, thanks to the this forum and the mad scientists/technical wizards on here. By some minor miracle, I found a used Auber PID listed locally for $30, just needed to order the probe for it (its on the way). Found the instructions on this forum on how to rewire (simple enough for a technical guy like myself) and now am getting set to do just that. Didn't want to throw out a perfectly good smoker because of a faulty, cheap controller!

Of course one thing leads to another (doesn't it always?) and in reading about fixing my smoker I noticed on one of the local smoking FB groups that I'm on, that there were Camp Chef Pursuit 20 on end of season sale for $399.99 down the street from me. Went for a drive this morning and somehow one jumped into the back of my truck before I was able to make it back home! Haha!

Never had a pellet grill before, looking forward to giving this one a try (for now it's safely in its box, too many other tings to do today). Fortunately, my wife is VERY understanding & has agreed not to kill me! 😎

Have really enjoyed smoking and have learned a TON in the past 5 years with my MES. Time to try something new, and hey, nothing wrong with having two different types of smokers, right!? I thought you'd say that! 🙂

Did my very first whole brisket a couple of weeks ago and it turned out fantastic! Can't wait to do more! Ribs have been a favorite in the past, and smoking hams as well.

Well, that's it for now, will keep reading up on MES on here, as well as learning this new-to-me technology that is pellet smoking!

Take care,
Luc
AKA : TFC (TheFrenchCanadian)

Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard.............. :emoji_thumbsup:

Boykjo

Ola amego, glad you joined us.
Sorry, Luc, I don't know any French.
But a huge welcome to the forum anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky