Hello from Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wyeast

Original poster
Apr 11, 2019
Hello from Oregon!
I've lurked here long enough not to be polite and say hello. So many of you are such experts with smoking, it is always a joy to come along and ready through hearing everyone talk about their smokes.

I've just got a basic MES 30 for about 2 or 3 years now and I mostly do pork shoulders and shred it, but slowly branching out over time. Have had great results with brisket, tri-tip, scallops, and tuna.

Cooked a Prime Rib for thanksgiving, that ended up taking a lot longer than expected (5lbs) in there and I had to finish it in the oven. Still was delicious. After eating leftovers for 4 days there is still a vacuum sealed hunk of it in the freezer. A lot of great advice here though for that. Same as when I smoked about 10lbs of Oregon Albacore tuna--there was some excellent advice again here which I followed.

Anyways just wished to say hello and thanks for the help so far--and in the future, such a body of knowledge here!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looking forward to smoking this ham for christmas..time to hop over to my other thread..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky