Hello from NY burbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

YogiDog

Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
NY Burbs
Newly retired after 33 years of Municipal work for small waterfront City. Running a WSM 22inch, 22inch Weber kettle (refurbished). Not a stranger to smoking ribs, pork shoulder, chicken and cheese. Always looking for help and good ideas. Taking it slow and steady with my wife of 25+ years and 2 older kids. Not to forget our yellow lab. Who is the best listener in the world . Nothing better than beers and smokers. After dinner Cigars and bourbon, listening to old vinyl ends a perfect evening. Love the NY JETS and the Yankees. Glad to be here and looking forward to many great smokes.

Welcome from Stokes County, NC. We lived in Queens when I was a kid before moving to a suburb of Buffalo.

I understand the Yankees but rooting for a New Jersey football team? :eek:

Have a great weekend.

Welcome to the board! The Weber 22 is such a great tool, you should look up the Weber Kettle Club. I rescued mine from a junk pile next door and I've been playing around making different length leg sets for it..

Welcome from Stokes County, NC. We lived in Queens when I was a kid before moving to a suburb of Buffalo.

I understand the Yankees but rooting for a New Jersey football team? :eek:

Have a great weekend.

. I blame my father. He raised me a Jets fan and it stuck. Lol

8C97608F-B51E-404A-B47B-79FCEEBD0ACA.jpeg
Welcome to the board! The Weber 22 is such a great tool, you should look up the Weber Kettle Club. I rescued mine from a junk pile next door and I've been playing around making different length leg sets for it..
I was lucky. Mine only needed wheels both grates and the interior ash cleaner. A good cleaning with 0000 steel wool and a degreaser and I was up and running.

. I blame my father. He raised me a Jets fan and it stuck. Lol

We lived a few stops down the Roosevelt Ave elevated train (no 7 line?) from Shea Stadium but moved upstate in 1965. I have some memories of Mets games but I'm not sure if my "memories" of a Jets game are accurate or one of those tricks your memory can play by filling in the blanks.

My youngest son and his wife lived in Peekskill until four years ago. I haven't been that close to the city since then.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky