hello from North Dakota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ole ketsmier

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Mandan, North Dakota
I just joined the site here, though I must admit I have been here and looked around before. my name is chip, I live in Mandan ND, I have been making sausage for the better part of 30 years. started with my parents and neighbors growing up, then kept perfecting it when I got married and started my own family. over the years I have accrued a lot of knowledge on the subject of meat and curing of meat. some the easy way, by learning from someone that knew what they were doing. but mostly by making my own mistakes, then having to eat a whole bunch of not so perfect sausage, cuse you cant waste it ya know. the last 10 years I have been working on my smoking skills. I built an electric smoker from my inlaws old GE fridge and an old electric stove. then started my education in the fine art of meat smoking. a few of my favorites are my summer sausages, deer bacon, dry box cured bacon, and pepper stix. I am now in the planning stages of building a replacement smoker, the old fridge is on its last leg and ready to retire. I see there is a wealth of knowledge here I hope to add to that, and gain some along the way.

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

I have spent a lot of time in Glenburn, grew up in Burlington and one of my best friends is from Glenburn, Thanks for the warm welcome.

I run the motor grader for the county around the Glenburn area!
Will be in your area this weekend, wife and I will have a booth set up at the Bismarck Civic Center for the Sports Show!

Hey Chip

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky