Hello from Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmeiners

Original poster
Jul 28, 2016
Hi there. Names Jim. I recently purchased a propane smoker at an auction earlier this year. I have done a lot of reading so far on different sights about smoking different types of meats. So far I have done turkey breasts, a pork loin and several pork shoulders. I'm getting pretty comfortable doing the shoulders and making a pulled pork out of that with home made bbq sauce. I'm always looking for more advice on how to do things. I want to try a brisket but have been really nervous about spending that much money on a piece of meat and it not turning out right.

Hi Jim!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Fellow Newbie Here,

Welcome to the Forum, these guys are the best, it is Summer, so everyone is busy, so just be patient for replies  :)
Other than that, I think this is the best Forum for Smoking out there, we got POP's !

Guy

Welcome to the forum Jim!  If you can smoke a shoulder, a brisket should be similar.  You got a handle on controlling the temp of your smoker?  I maintain 250ish on my smoker and smoke brisket till IT of 205.  My temp probe also needs to glide in with no resistance to know it's done.  

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky