Hello from Arizona

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

62veedub

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 29, 2019
Sun City, AZ
Hello all!

I've been grilling on a gas grill all of my life. A little over a year ago my fiancé got a Weber charcoal grill for my birthday. After grilling on it for a few months I started smoking on it. A challenge to keep the temps steady, but quite fun nonetheless!

I've be lurking on this forum for a few weeks, and recently purchased a Masterbuilt 340G. I used it for the first time on Sunday for four racks of ribs. A lot easier to keep a steady temp! Ribs turned out great, but still needs some work. Hopefully I will continue to learn with help from all of the experienced folks here.

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the fun, this is a great place to be, fine folks with a ton of knowledge willing to be shared. Where you at in AZ, I've been here four months now. RAY

Welcome from Central Texas!! Yep...as already stated, this is a great place and a wealth of knowledge to be shared. Watch out though....there's this guy also in Arizona that goes by the moniker of Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ and he's a mad man....but in a really good way. He'll have you cooking stuff like you never imagined. He's on vacation right now but when he gets back I could see a ton of fun in the future for all you AZ folks.

How much are tix to AZ?
Robert

Welcome from up north in PA... Great place to be with a lot of great folks with a lot of great knowledge that they love to share... Looking forward to seeing some cooks...

Welcome to the forums, glad to have ya.

Chris

Welcome from Central Texas!! Yep...as already stated, this is a great place and a wealth of knowledge to be shared. Watch out though....there's this guy also in Arizona that goes by the moniker of Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ and he's a mad man....but in a really good way. He'll have you cooking stuff like you never imagined. He's on vacation right now but when he gets back I could see a ton of fun in the future for all you AZ folks.

How much are tix to AZ?
Robert

Welcome from Chandler, AZ, like sawhoeseray I am wondering where you be?

Thanks Robert...I am a bit "crazy like a fox". :emoji_laughing:

Thanks all!

I am on the edge of Peoria and Sun City. I moved to AZ about 2 1/2 years ago. I love it so far! Well, except for those 115 degree days!

Ok, you are in the west valley and Ray and I are in the east valley - 45-60 minutes depending on traffic away from each other.

I got here in 2000 after a stint in the UK for 11 years.

Maybe we should try to get together midway sometime for lunch this winter?

John

Sounds good to me John. You still open for a sausage lunch next week? I'm sausage rich right now and my Weber is available! RAY

I'm balled up Tuesday for sure and possibly Thursday, let's shoot for Wednesday John. RAY

Good Morning and welcome to the best Forum on the Web

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky