Hello Everyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome from South Carolina. Here is a link to a Forum search for new member thread on their first smoked pork butt. A lot of good information including sauce and smoking recipes, suggested temps and other guidance.

Keep in mind there are thousands of recipes out an about regarding pork butt prep and meal ideas. Smoke the butt and then have some fun with the meal.🍻

John

Search results for query: New member with results from my first smoked Pork butt | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

Welcome from South Carolina. Here is a link to a Forum search for new member thread on their first smoked pork butt. A lot of good information including sauce and smoking recipes, suggested temps and other guidance.

Keep in mind there are thousands of recipes out an about regarding pork butt prep and meal ideas. Smoke the butt and then have some fun with the meal.🍻

John

Search results for query: New member with results from my first smoked Pork butt | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

If your meat is way ahead of schedule is it OK to turn down the temp on the smoker?

If your meat is way ahead of schedule is it OK to turn down the temp on the smoker?

I've seen folks do that, but I haven't tried it. A problem I see with turning the smoker temp down is you run the risk of the meat getting into the food safety danger zone if the IT drops below 140F. Also, longer time in smoker could give too much smoke flavor (bitter), dry the meat out or worse miss the desired temp and have to delay serving. SELF INFLICTED STRESS ATTACK!

I take my meat to the desired temp or just shy of the temp, remove it from the heat, wrap it and place in a lined warmed insulated cooler or in a closed oven (~150F for safe holding temp). The meat will continue to cook after removal, the juices will return to the interior. For you: It's out of the smoker, sitting safe and happy waiting for plating. One less bell to answer and reduces the stress levels tremendously!

I'm sure there will be better comments from those a lot more knowledgeable than I coming along as well. 🍻
John

Big into Saltwater fish tanks own an online store
Way cool, i have about 14 tanks of mostly south and central American cichlids that I breed. Also have a 5500 gallon Koi pond in the back.
gtpair1.jpg
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky