• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello Everyone

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Welcome from Mississippi. Glad you joined. Not sure about that brand but lots of guys use the pellet pooper here.
Jim

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Welcome from South Carolina. Here is a link to a Forum search for new member thread on their first smoked pork butt. A lot of good information including sauce and smoking recipes, suggested temps and other guidance.

Keep in mind there are thousands of recipes out an about regarding pork butt prep and meal ideas. Smoke the butt and then have some fun with the meal.🍻

John

Search results for query: New member with results from my first smoked Pork butt | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Good luck with that brisket!
Al

FishTankGuy

Joined May 11, 2021
Welcome from South Carolina. Here is a link to a Forum search for new member thread on their first smoked pork butt. A lot of good information including sauce and smoking recipes, suggested temps and other guidance.

Keep in mind there are thousands of recipes out an about regarding pork butt prep and meal ideas. Smoke the butt and then have some fun with the meal.🍻

John

Search results for query: New member with results from my first smoked Pork butt | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!
If your meat is way ahead of schedule is it OK to turn down the temp on the smoker?

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
If your meat is way ahead of schedule is it OK to turn down the temp on the smoker?
I've seen folks do that, but I haven't tried it. A problem I see with turning the smoker temp down is you run the risk of the meat getting into the food safety danger zone if the IT drops below 140F. Also, longer time in smoker could give too much smoke flavor (bitter), dry the meat out or worse miss the desired temp and have to delay serving. SELF INFLICTED STRESS ATTACK!

I take my meat to the desired temp or just shy of the temp, remove it from the heat, wrap it and place in a lined warmed insulated cooler or in a closed oven (~150F for safe holding temp). The meat will continue to cook after removal, the juices will return to the interior. For you: It's out of the smoker, sitting safe and happy waiting for plating. One less bell to answer and reduces the stress levels tremendously!

I'm sure there will be better comments from those a lot more knowledgeable than I coming along as well. 🍻
John

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Big into Saltwater fish tanks own an online store
I had a 55 gal salt tank years ago with corals and it was fun for a while but the maintenance wore me out after a couple of years.
It's a fascinating hobby. Now that I'm retired I have the time but not the space....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.