Helllo there

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mooreb14

Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hey all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Brian and I just started getting into smoking. Been lurking around here for a while and decided to join. Looking to pick up my first smoker for xmas, and am leaning toward the MES 30", trying to convince the better half, that bigger is better and the 40" will be better..we will see how that goes.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Brian

Hi Brain, and welcome to the SMF. Keep reading the great material available to you. You'll always be glad you've bought the bigger version, and you'd regret buying the smaller one. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF!!!

If you can convince her to go w/ the 40" you should. You will be happier.

folks complain that its hard to get a full rack of spares on the 30" w/o cutting them in half . I own the 40" and wish i had Two of them.

Also if you are going to smoke for friends and family ,The extra space comes in real handy.

Either way you go ,You'll enjoy your MES.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF Brian,Convince the better half that (bigger) is better, get that MES and some meat and post any questions you may have! There are alot of folks here to help 
icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Brian to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

So once seeing the size diffrence, she agreed and I am picking up the 40" tonight!! Any tips on seasoning the smoker or anything I need to know to do it right the first time.

Thanks for the awesome Welcome!

I will post pics of the first Que as soon as I can. (I will need help on posting them never posted pics in a forum)

Thanks again!

Brian

So once seeing the size diffrence, she agreed and I am picking up the 40" tonight!! Any tips on seasoning the smoker or anything I need to know to do it right the first time.

Thanks for the awesome Welcome!

I will post pics of the first Que as soon as I can. (I will need help on posting them never posted pics in a forum)

Thanks again!

Brian
There's a wiki here on using photobucket for your pictures.  There is a bit of a learning curve, but not complicated.  Congrats! on your new smoker. You'll find LOTS of MES users here, so you should feel right at home.  Pork butt or spare ribs are good starter smokes, IMO. Jeff's rub recipe is foolproof and can be easily adapted to suit your taste. Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky