Hanging ribs in a vertical Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

axesmoker

Original poster
Sep 4, 2014
Hey everyone, I am a new smoker owner in Kansas, and I have a vertical propane smoker I am going to try smoking ribs this weekend, and was going to hang them in the center of the smoker, just looking for tips, and hints as to not screw it up.

My smoker is only 16in across and I don't think the racks of ribs that I get here will fit without cutting them

Love seeing hanging meat in the smoker. They make a bacon hanger, which is a bar with multiple hooks on it. Stab the hooks into the rack of ribs and hang. A single hook doesn't work good. Make sure you get into the meat and not right under the bone. Too much chance for it to pull the one off if you get them to tender! If you go with a single hook, make a "s" shape with a long straight section in between the hook ends. Then hook one end mid way into the rack and the other end hangs off whatever. use some butcher twine to tie the upper part of the rack to the straight part of the hook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky