Purchasing a vertical smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HUNTNNW

Original poster
Jan 15, 2024
New to this forum, but not new to smoking meats. I’m getting ready to purchase a vertical smoker and looking for ideas on smokers. I need to be able to hang in it. I do lots of sticks , summer sausage and link style stuff. My budget is under $2k . I’ve looked at sausage maker 50lb, pro classic from PS seasoning and cook shack , but it doesn’t appear big enough to hang in unless I bump up to the $2,400 model. I prefer to be able to do 50lbs at a time. I’ve explored building one from a bread oven. Any ideas on smokers I’m open to some input.

Welcome to the forum HUNTNNW, glad you joined us.

Sorry I can't help with recommendations but I know there will be someone knowledgeable to help. Lots of sausage makers on this site so you found the right place. Nice folks too. Enjoy your stay.

Can't help on vertical smokers, but welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
I'm sure some members will be along with some ideas.

Welcome to the forum HUNTNNW, glad you joined us.

Sorry I can't help with recommendations but I know there will be someone knowledgeable to help. Lots of sausage makers on this site so you found the right place. Nice folks too. Enjoy your stay.
The Sausage Maker of Buffalo NY has very good vertical smokers. I have an origina from about year 2000. it has racks but also a hanging rod. My only issue (and this is an old model) has been drips from the chimney falling on the product smoking. I looks unattractive and does not always wipe the stain off.

Smokin Tex and Smokin It both build high quality units similar to Cookshack at lower price points.

Welcome HuntNNW , I’ve owned a cook shack AmeriQ SMO66 for several years and have smoked plenty of jerky and sausage . I have to say their customer service is second to none . I needed to contact them a few times on suggestions and tech questions and always got a tech on the phone. As far as size I wish it was larger , I can hang approximately 25-28 1 lb chub summer sausage vertically with enough space as not to touch but , that’s it (pic with small batch) I also appreciate that is American made.
Good Luck in Your Search

Attachments

• IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky