HAM.... easy peasy... no mess.... DISCLAIMER.. MONEY...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Let me check mine . BRB .

I click on enable edit . Then I can enter the meat weight in lbs .

20201024_205636.jpg
20201024_205636.jpg

Now you just have to wait. This is a wonderful technique. I have a loin curing as we speak. HERE is my DaveOmak ham thread where I do a Picnic, a Butt and a Loin over 30 days or so.

JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 I see you got your numbers .
I remembered there was a problem for some with the first one he posted . If you go to post 103 he has another version to down load . It really is handy to have . I use it for non curing phosphate injection too .

Reactions: smokin peachey
OK Dave ... I'm ready to tackle this tomorrow.. I have all the ingredients except canning/pickling salt... I do have Kosher sea salt and kosher salt... which one would be best for a substitute ?? I have a 8.38 lb whole picnic .. Nowhere does it say it's been enhanced already... all natural ... I was looking for a calculator or something to determine how much of each ingredient to use ?? Can you help me out here with the proper amounts of each ???

Thanks
Most any salt is good to use if one goes by weight and not volume.

Good luck and hopefully you will have them asking to do it again

Thanks for the help everybody... I'm going to cut back on the salt amount though as I am not a big fan of salt ... just how much to cut back is going to be the question ...

Dave.. it was not enhanced.. 8.38 lbs ... 75g of salt called for.. cut it back to 50g ... just broke my syringe trying to poke through the skin... gotta make a mad dash and try to find another one...

ok.. got it all injected and in the fridge for a nap...

Listen up ... DO NOT mix ingredients in a red solo cup and try to fill syringe... poked a hole in the cup with the needle... lost a little bit of liquid... hope it will be ok.. think i will let it go a few more days (7-8) for that reason ...

I use a Mason jar so I can give it a good shake . Also found out that longer time curing seems to make it more tender . I'll be watching . You are in for a treat . Best ham I've ever eaten .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky